Nitelife in San Francisco

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2001, 06:41 PM
john

hey guys!
a friend and I are going to San Francisco next week for work and we're wondering about any cool bars/clubs to go to in the area.
We're 23 and 25 yrs old.
any recommendations?
Thanks

Old Sep 20th, 2001, 04:56 AM
Mike

Bars:

You have to go to Vesuvio (where the beat generation started) and Tosca where they play opera on the juke boxes (right across the street). If you're into clubs, SOMA has a lot of places to go.

Old Sep 20th, 2001, 10:37 AM
john

thanks for the recomendations. but what is SOMA?

Old Sep 20th, 2001, 11:51 AM
Adam

SoMa is South of Market. Similar to SoHo (South of Houston) in New York. Lots of clubs, bars and restaurants in a warehouse atmosphere.

Old Sep 20th, 2001, 03:57 PM
kam

Check at www.sfgate.com to see what playing in the various places in SOMA. You also need to know that some of the places are very gay and plan according to your comfort level.

Old Sep 20th, 2001, 05:50 PM
john

thanks for the replies guys.
I'll look forward to having a great time. Im ok with the gay stuff. Im straight but not narrow.

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 09:35 AM
sharon

My friend owns a club that we really like... DNA Lounge, 375 Eleventh Street, between Folsom and Harrison (near Harrison). You can checck out the schedule on their site.

http://www.dnalounge.com/calendar/latest.html

BTW, as you probably know, most clubs are a great mix of people... I really liked your answer to Kam's concern. Not a deal.