Reload this Page >

Nightmare arrival at Miami airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 12:46 PM
Margaret

The last time we arrived at Miami International Airport (from London), it took my husband and I nearly three hours to get through passport control, customs and collect our baggage, (we didn't have any unusual problems).
While I appreciate that this will happen in many countries, does anyone have any tips to reduce the time taken for this procedure??
thanks

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 01:58 PM
X

Don't fly Miami.

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 02:01 PM
xxx

I think it has to do with the day of the week and time of the year. Holidays and Saturdays are always a nightmare going through customs.

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 02:02 PM
xxx

Forgot to add, if you fly first class, your luggage goes on the plane last and comes out first. You can grab your luggage and try and be first in line.

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 02:05 PM
Patrick

I've flown in and out of Miami on international flights for years, and although I'm not a fan of the airport, checking in is far worse than arrivals. Surprisingly, we often have made earlier connecting flights than they'd originally book because "there wasn't enough time". Last month I arrived on American from Paris and was through the entire process without really stopping, in our rental car less than an hour after touching down. Even the luggage was coming out onto the carousel as we arrived there. I think you just happened to have a bad experience, or it may have to do with a particular airline's crews.

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 02:23 PM
Richard

This is real easy.

Miami airport MIA, is very simialar to the Dade Metro Zoo. In fact I think that some of the animals actually come from animals taken from smuglers at the airport.

As somone who flies out of MIA on a biweekly basis, I can tell you there are NO WAYS of speeding up anything.

My suggestion, if it really annoys you, look into Ft. Lauderdale, which is only 30 minutes from Miami. It is not quite as hectic up there, except for parking, which I would love to meet the IDIOT who designed the parking garages!

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 02:55 PM
x

What gives, Helen, Margaret, Susan, Penny, etc. You've started at leat 6-7 threads all about coming to Miami from the UK. Why not ask all questions in one thread? And what's with the different names? And how about that obsession with tiny & tinyworld? Did you really think us dumb Americans wouldn't figure this out???

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 03:18 PM
sue

The reason it took you so long to get thru customs is that you have so many multiple personas that you fit the terrorist profile.