Niagara on the Lake

Jun 28th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Original Poster

Niagara on the Lake

I will be flying out of Toronto on Wed. Jul 11 after visiting Niagara Falls. Would a stop at Niagara on the Lake be worthwhile for a couple of hours? Would it be on the way back to the airport or too much of a detour? Thanks
Jun 28th, 2007, 04:39 PM

Niagara on the lake is a quaint little village with a main street with shops. Nearby, are many different wineries that specialize in all kinds of wine including ice wine (very sweet). If it's on your way back to Toronto, I would stop by for a few hours. I don't think I'd go out of my way though for just a few hours.
Jun 28th, 2007, 06:08 PM

I don't know if it is out of the way; probably only a little bit out of the way; however, it IS worth it even if you only have a few hours.
Jun 28th, 2007, 07:47 PM

We did just that & stopped at Niagara on the Lake prior to going to Toronto. Not out of the way at all. Nice little town to take a walk. Had a great lunch at RW Roasters.
Jun 28th, 2007, 08:39 PM

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!!!

I did the same thing last month. I LOVED Niagara on the Lake.

Actually, I detoured off and stopped at NOTL first (got a milkshake from the COWS store as soon as the opened and called it brunch ). Then, drove the Parkway along the river to the falls. Gorgeous. As much as I enjoyed the falls (and the Canadian side is gorgeous) I left a bit earlier than I planned in order to spend more time in NOTL. Stopped in the Prince of Wales hotel for afternoon tea. WONDERFUL! Actually, headed back to the airport then - to return the rental car and to start the official / work part of the trip. A wonderful, wonderful day. Have fun!