Reload this Page >

New York - priceline, sublets, and hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2000, 03:42 PM
Alicia

I'm looking for a place to stay in NYC next month (I'll be travelling with 2 friends), and cost is a key issue for me. I was wondering if anyone has had success with Priceline for hotels there? And how about apartment sublets? I came across a website (www.nyhabitat.com), and was curious if anyone had gotten a vacation rental from there or elsewhere... And finally, any cheap (but clean) hotel recommendations would be great. Preferably Times Square area, but I'd consider other places if the price was right. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old May 25th, 2000, 08:45 AM
elaine

I have referred people to the following for hotel discounts in New York, don't know much about Priceline
www.travelscape.com
www.hoteldiscounts.com
www.hotres.com
Hotel Connection 800 96-HOTEL
Quikbook 800 789 9887

Old May 25th, 2000, 03:25 PM
Helen

Re: Priceline- Elsewhere on this Forum I learned about a web site that compiles info about Priceline and Expedia bidding. Here's a link to the NY section. Reading about other people's experiences should give you an idea of what you can expect if you decide to go that route. Good luck

http://pub4.ezboard.com/fpricelinean...itynonewjersey

Old May 25th, 2000, 04:27 PM
Ken

I recently got a room through priceline in Mid Town NYC "The Club Quarters" a 3 star rated hotel for $79. per night.

Old May 25th, 2000, 05:45 PM
Charles

You may want to check-out LodgingDiscounts.com. There are a couple of B&B's and a couple Comfort Inns offering discount coupons. Not big discounts, but they are already reasonably priced hotels.

Old May 27th, 2000, 01:54 PM
Sheryl

I host the site that Helen posted. I would not recommend using Priceline in NYC if you plan to bid on one room if there are 3 adults travelling together. There are hotel rooms in NYC (even some of the very upscale ones) that will accommmodate only one bed. Wouldn't be too comfortable with 3 adults if you got one of those.