Reload this Page >

New York on the cheap

Search

New York on the cheap

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2000, 11:03 AM
Anthony Wilkinson

New York on the cheap

Hello all, my friend and I will be travelling to New York in September and will be staying there for 5 nights. Seeing as we will be on a relatively shoe string budget we were wondering if anyone could recommend a hotel for $150 or less a night.

Thanks to everyone who replied to our previous message.

Kirsty and Anth

Old Jan 11th, 2000, 11:22 AM
lisa

Hotel Edison in midtown is in your price range. I have stayed there many times, and it has a very convenient location near Times Square and the theatre district. It used to be $115 plus tax for a double but I'm not sure what it is now.

Old Jan 11th, 2000, 01:06 PM
howard

As you check on prices, keep in mind you have to add 13.25% tax, plus another $2 per room per night tax in New York City. In other words, to keep your cost to $150, you can't book a room with a rate higher than $130 a night.

Old Jan 11th, 2000, 01:45 PM
sabrina

you should do a search because there are a ton of postings on this topic, but I suggest the Comfort Inn Midtown. It's tough to get in there b/c the price is so reasonable (was $90/nite when I stayed last March) but great location and clean, if smallish, rooms.

Old Jan 17th, 2000, 05:02 PM
Laurie

I am very impressed with a small, but beautifully renovated hotel called The Mayfair New York at 242 W. 49th St. It's right near Time Square and the price is right around $150. I haven't stayed anywhere that I liked as much for the same price. The phone number is 800 556-2932.

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 10:26 AM
Neil

Hi Anthony have you tried the Travelzoo.com site which has some of the best offers I have seen. I should know I've been looking for for cheap accomodation for days now and it's not easy to find.

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 10:41 AM
ilisa

I just booked a room at the Roosevelt on 45th and Madison through www.180096hotel.com for $125/night. The hotel quoted me a rate of $159/night. The Roosevelt's website is www.theroosevelthotel.com. 180096hotel.com also advertised over the weekend the Mayfair for $139/night. The hotel, however, had a better rate of $130/night.