New York Off Broadway Production of " Perfect Crime"

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2005, 06:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking for a show offering a Monday night performance for a May New York trip. Has anyone seen this show? It has certainly been around a long time. Most theaters are dark on Monday night.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 08:36 AM

We saw this show a few years back when, like you, we were looking for theater on an "off night". We enjoyed the play, but I would advise picking up discounted tickets as the theater is tiny, and if I remember right I think we sat on folding chairs; there is nothing "Broadway" about the atmosphere. There is only 1 level of seating, but floor is pitched so there is no problem seeing the stage unless you have a girl with huge hair in front of you like I did. They offer beverages at intermission and you can bring your wine back in the theater with you for the second half. The Duffy theater is easy to miss, so don't wait until the last minute to get to the show, the entrance is just a tiny door in on Broadway in Times Square - it's directly across the street from Duffy Square the small triangular island formed by the intersection of Broadway and 7th Avenue.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

grantop, thank you for the tips on this show. I will keep that in mind. We arrive on Monday and I hate not have a show to see that night.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 11:06 AM

I have known two different couples of avid theatre goers who saw this show. One couple left half way through. The other couple stayed but said it was "an embarrassment" to watch, it was so amateur.

There are numerous other shows on Monday nights. Have you seen the off Broadway musical "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change"? If not, I urge you to go. It is great fun and very well done, playing on Monday nights. Discounts should be available on Theatremania.com -- $45.00 per ticket.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 11:22 AM

Just a few more that perform on Mondays:

The Pillowman
Sweet Charity
Phantom of the Opera
Chicago
Rent
Forbidden Broadway
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

There's no reason NOT to see good theatre on a Monday night!
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much Patrick. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is not playing on Monday night in May. Have tickets for another night for that. Have seen and loved ,"I Love You, You're Perfect".
I've seen "Chicago" but my daughter hasn't seen the show. It's worth seeing again and "Sweet Charity" might be fun.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 12:40 PM

If you are comparing it to something like Scoundrels, Chicago etc., then there IS no comparison. If you want to see a play for under $30, it's fine. We saw it many years ago and it's been playing forever - common sense tells me that the cast changes often and some actors are better than others. Enjoy the your trip!