Reload this Page >

New York Moms on A Mission

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 01:01 PM
Lana

One of our friends is turning 40 and the gals want to treat her to an overnight trip somewhere. We all live in Nassau County, Long Island, NY and don't want to travel more than a couple of hours by car. Any suggestions? Her husband is a NYC firefighter and she has been through a lot recently so we want to show her a good time! Any suggestions?

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Ei

Newport,RI is a fun town. Or how about Foxwoods?

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 03:06 PM
jan

You're good friends! My vote goes to Rhode Island as well, look into The Castle Hill Inn (I know they have a web site) or head towards Connecticut and book the Mayflower Inn (wonderful services, walking trails, an outdoor heated pool)or combine a stay at the Beekman Arms (Rhinebeck) with dinners at an assortment of restaurants at the Culinary Institute (be sure to include the Italian restaurant for pure comfort!)

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 05:33 PM
dan

I second Foxwoods, that is fun,you can get some good food there,see some kind of entertainment and sleep in a decent room,and it is not far- far away~it is a lot nicer than the trip to ATlantic City~

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 06:23 PM
jan

A neighbor just returned from 3 days at the Canyon Ranch - I forgot about this Mass. respite ! Near Lenox, great staff, a little pricey but they do offer discounts for groups -- the ultimate in escapes!!! They must have a web site!

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 03:14 AM
LaurieH.

In under 2 hours, you're in Bermuda. Skip the driving! Yep, it's pricey, but, this time of year it's less so, and since you're from NY, the 70's during the day will actually be more comfortable than 80's or 90's would seem this time of year. If you really want a splurge, get a couple of cottages at Cambridge Beaches, or for lots less, and lots of fun outdoorsy stuff, do Daniels Head Cottages. There's tons of great food and shopping, and just seeing flowers in bloom and beach could be a great renewal. You are, indeed, good friends. Our best to your friend and her husband; we think about the NYC firefighters a lot.