New York Mets Citi field seating

Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 08:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New York Mets Citi field seating

Which side of the field is the visitors dugout at Citi Field?

I'm planning to go to the Mets - Angels game on the 17th.

Are the Mets selling out this stadium? Ticket prices are outrageous..
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 01:52 AM

As with most teams the home dugout is on the first base side and visiting dugout is on the 3rd base side. And no, the games are not sell outs. That means you can get tickets for the face value and don;t have to pay a premium.

Not sure what you mean by ticket prices are outrageous. a baseball game is a special entertainment event - like a broadway play - and tickets are usually priced similarly. (No - they're not going to cost the same as a movie.)
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 03:53 AM

Mets prices are comparable to most big market teams except for the Yankees who are the most expensive...Part of it is the Angels are listed as a Classic opponent for the first game and premium (due to the weekend) for the next 2. This raises the ticket prices. Most teams do this now. I always end up with premium for going to Red Sox games.

Friend of mine just bought a pair of tickets in the Upper Deck for $80 (Total) right above home plate. Ironic part is that we sat in the same seats last year. At least we know where they are and where the beer stand is...If you want cheaper seats, I really enjoyed the 400 level right behind home plate.

Enjoy the stadium as it is very nice and 1 of my favorites.
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 04:37 AM

I just thought I'd throw some things in here:

1) the only teams regularly selling out their stadiums are the Yankees, the Red Sox, and the Phillies. Empty seats -- sometimes an embarrassingly high number of them -- are found at just about every other stadium at every game.

2) if you want the joy of a baseball game without the price, check out minor league baseball. I COULD pay $40 a seat to sit so far from the action that I need to watch it on the video monitor, and pay $8 for a hot dog and $15 for parking. Or I could watch for special promotions at a nearby AA team, pay less than $10 total for two tickets just three rows from the visitors' dugout, and then get free parking and hot dogs for $1 apiece. The quality of play IS noticeably inferior, but the level of fun is just as high.
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 06:02 AM

Paul, while I enjoy Minor League baseball, it is by no means a replacement for the Major Leagues. Even just the stadiums make it worthwhile. Amd I am guessing that the OP is an Angels fan based on asking where the Visitors dugout is. Yes, Minor Leagues are cheaper and fun but they are comparable to Major league baseball. especially when you consider the teams in NYC (Staten Island and Brooklyn) are in the lowest level of the Minor Leagues (NY Penn League)
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

Third base side is visitors, thanks. The Angels are on the 3rd base side at home. I think the Dodgers are too.

This will be my 22nd MLB park. I am considering a Metropolitan Box Gold, 213, row 5 ($200). The other option is a $41 ticket in 412, row 4, on stubhub. Besides the price, I like the better view of the field from up there.

I might go to the Saturday night game also, but would be getting there from Monmouth Park. I would park at the Holiday Inn that is, apparently, walking distance from the stadium.

mapquest says it is an hour and a half from Monmouth Park to LaGuardia. Any idea if that would be realistic, leaving Mth at 5PM on a Saturday? Or should I allow more time to get to the game at 7:10PM?
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 09:27 AM

I am actually sitting in section 413. I would go with this deal. Its a great seat. I just dont see the need to spend $200 for a ticket. You get a great view of the game. All the amenities are right behind you. It doesnt feel like you are sitting that high. Having been to 25 MLB parks, this is 1 of my favorites. I was there last year for a Pirates @ Mets game and had a blast. I would have no problem saving that money.

I can't help you with the Monmouth Park question.
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

How many rows back from the railing do you need to be to see over the railing. 409 looks like it is just where I like, along the 1st base line, but row 2 might be a problem with the railing.
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 05:04 PM

Monmouth to Citifield on a Saturday is way more than 1.5 hours. And I'm not aware that any hotel is walkable from the field (but I have never been - being a YANKEES fan).
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 07:27 PM

There is a Holiday Inn "nearby," technically in Corona (37-10 114th Street, Corona, NY) on the other side of the Grand Central Parkway. Estimated distance on maps.google.com is .6 miles. I can't comment on whether this is a good option or not.

While maps.google.com estimates the trip from Monmouth Park to Citi Field at about 1.5 hours, it also estimates 2.5 hours if there is traffic. If you are attending a game on Friday, June 17, be prepared for massive traffic along your entire route as many leave work and head to shore towns in New Jersey and Long Island. The roads near Citi Field serve both New York airports and are perhaps the most traffic-clogged highways in the entire city even in off hours.
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 08:05 PM

Here is a seating chart of Citifield

http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-mets...-2011-1007024/
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 09:00 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all.

That is the Holiday, on the other side of the freeway.

I would be driving from Monmouth to Citi Field on Saturday evening. Leaving at 4:30 is not a good option. I will have to choose between the racing at Monmouth or the game on Saturday night.

I would be coming from Cooperstown on Friday to make the game at 7PM. I'll have plenty of time if I leave Cooperstown at noon (mapquest says it is a 4 hour drive.

On Wednesday the 15th I would drive from LGA to Cooperstown. I land at 4PM and so won't get the car until 4:30 or 5PM.

Any idea on how long it would take to get from LGA to Cooperstown at rush hour on a Wednesday. I guess it will take as long as it takes.

The mapquest route goes across the Hudson at Fort Lee then up to Paramus and on to I87 up to west of Catskill.

Another route stays east of the river and on up to cross the river at Catskill.

It is just a lot cheaper to pick up and drop off at LGA instead of one-way from ALB to LGA.
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 09:04 PM
Original Poster

good news: the Angels beat the Yankees tonight
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Original Poster

I broke down and bought a GPS. The StubHub map shows which side is visitors.
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 04:12 PM

Sitting in Citi Field, row 2 will have the railing as an issue. Beyond that, won't.
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 04:46 AM

Yahoo maps shows LGA from Cooperstown at 4 hours - but it will take significantly more than that if you are laving LGA at rush hour. Ether way out - over the GWB or up the east side of the HUdson - will put you in hundreds of thousands of commuters on the way home. If it were me I would either wait and have dinner to avoid the worst of the traffic - ow wait and go the following morning. Otherwise you will be pulling into Cooperstown at 10 or 11 at night.
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Original Poster

Section 410, row 3, seat 7: $35 plus $10 in StubHub fees.

I found a website where you select different venues, type in your section and row number and get the view: http://www.seats3d.com/index2.html

It has the Citi Field and 5 other MLB parks, as well as NBA, racing, ...
Old Jun 6th, 2011, 05:34 AM

Enjoy the game. I really enjoyed Citi Field on Sat night.
Heres a link to my trip report if you are interested.

http://www.fodors.com/community/unit...eld-june-4.cfm
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Original Poster

My plane landed at about 4:15PM. Got the rental car and turned on my GPS. Went over the tri=boro bridge which was congested. Across GW Bridge which was busy. Then I missed a turn and went west on I-80 to the Garden State Pkwy. Then got on 17 to get back on the normal route. Normal, by this Garmin GPS, took me through several back roads. I was thankful for the sunlight late into the evening.

I might have gotten the car at 4:40 or so. Made a stop on the NY thruway for 20 minutes or so, another stop for about 10 minutes. Got to Cooperstown at about 9:10. It really turned out to be about 4 hours of driving, maybe 4h 15min. Definitely made up some time on the thruway.

The Inn at Cooperstown is excellent and great location.
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Original Poster

So Citi Field is a really nice ballpark. Very atrractive inside and outside near the main entrance. The Mets hall of fame is worth a visit. Good fans.

I sold the seat in 410 for $25 on StubHub and bought a seat in 122 row 12 for $70 + $15 that would have cost $164 to buy from the Mets website. With all the StubHub fees and the loss on the 410 seat it ended up costing me $105 or so.

The seats in 410 would have been a great choice (based on what I could see from down below) and much better than the 500 level. The face value of the seat there was $24, which I assume is the season ticket price. That is comparable to Angel Stadium. Those premium seats behind the backstop on the 100 level were at least half empty.

I got some sushi from the menu that is offered down there and it was delivered to my seat. Fairly wide seat with excellent legroom. Also had an Italian sausage and a shake. The food was just ok.

For the next poster who asks about lodging for a Mets game please pass on my recommendation of the Sheraton Laguardia East. It is in Flushing and the subway #7 is out the back door of the hotel and a half block away. It was so easy to get to/from the game. Sure beats walking from the Holiday Inn.

I stayed there for $60 + 4000 SPG points per night and got upgraded to the executive floor. Nice big room and access to the lounge on the same floor. The area was obviously safe. You can get a room there for $189 which is more than the $160 for the HI but worth it.

After the rain delay it was a great night for a baseball game, cool and not humid. The Angels were up 4-3 going into the bottom of the night with the top of the order up. The Angels' fireballer (100 mph) threw two walks followed by three strikeouts to complete the Angels' win.

A couple of other points: Driving back from Coopersotwn took about 5 hours, maybe a bit more. There was very heavy rain and then traffic was very bad on the Grand Central Expressway approaching Laguardia where I returned the rental car.

It took over 2.5 hours to get from the National Rental Car office at LGA where I picked up a new car to Monmouth Park. The main problem as from the Brooklyn side of a bridge, driving across southern Manhattan, to the Holland Tunnel. This was a test of patience. My Garmin GPS chose that route.

On the way back, the GPS would have had me go across Staten Island, I think, but I missed a turn and ended up going through the Holland Tunnel, missing a turn or two, and eventually going across the Williamsburg Bridge. The trip back from Mth to LGA took a bit less than two hours and was quite thrilling becacuse I was driving about as fast as I could.

Monmouth Park is a real nice track. Friendly people. Lots of free seating in the grandstand area and the clubhouse crossover only cost %1 for age 55 and up. There is a BYOB section where you can bring in wine and beer. Lots of people brought in coolers. Got to see Pants On Fire win the feature again (I saw him win the Lousiana Derby in March) with Rosie Napravnik up.

Had dinner at Charleys Ocean Grill and stepped onto the beach before the drive back to LGA.

After the short Sheraton shuttle ride LGA was a piece of cake on Sunday morning.

Thanks again for the help with this trip. It was a lot of driving but I got done what I wanted. I imagined that if NYC could magcially issue $20 fines to all the cars that get caught in crosswalks or stuck in an intersection at red lights, or who made turns from the wrong lane, that they could wipe out their budget deficit in 24 hours.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information