Search

New York Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 07:10 AM
Andrea

New York Hotels

I will be visiting NYC in the next few weeks, can anyone recommend a nice hotel near Central Park that isn't too expensive. I am looking for something around $125-$150 p/n. This is my first trip to NYC and I really would like to visit Little Italy, Chinatown etc. Thanks!

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 07:24 AM
Wanda

Good job choosing to visit NYC! This topic has been covered a million times on this board. My advice is to run a search or check out the "Rants & Raves" section. NYC hotels is probably the most common thread within this forum.

(By the way, hotels "near Central Park" tend to be expensive.)

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 07:25 AM
Howard

Central Park is over 3 miles long and about 1/2-3/4 miles wide! So, perhaps you should refine what you mean by "near Central Park." Do you mean the midtown area?

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 07:27 AM
Howard

PS: And, do you realize the closest part of Central Park is at least 2 1/2 to 3 miles from Little Italy and Chinatown?

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 07:32 AM
Bert&Ernie

We hate to sound rude, because that's not the intent, but do some research! There are approximately one zillion hotels in Manhattan. Once you've narrowed down your options, post a more specific question and you'll get much better results from this crowd.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 09:00 AM
Maggie

Definately book with Priceline. You will get a 4* hotel for between $80-95. Look at www.biddingfortravel.com to learn how to get the best prices on priceline.