Search

new york hampton inn

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new york hampton inn

Help!

Is the Hampton Inn in Manhattan a good place to send my daughter and her boyfriend?
I want them to be in the middle of all the action of Midtown Manhattan.

Thank you
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 11:40 AM

The location is central, and if the price is right, it should be fine for them. It's certainly nothing fancy, but then again, it's not $400 a night.
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 11:43 AM

I clicked Post too quickly. I should say that most of the locations are fairly central. The one at the Seaport/Financial District is pretty distant from the heart of the action. The one at 51st/8th Avenue is probably the most central location.
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 11:50 AM

As suggested above, there are 4 or 5 different Hampton Inns in NYC. The one called Times Square North is closest to Times Square if that's what you're clalled being "in the middle of all the action." Some younger people would debate that issue and might prefer being further downtown in a less touristy area but near more clubs and bars. The lower east side is an up and coming area for nightlife. The Hotel on Rivington is there. The Cosmopolitan in Tribeca is a good budget hotel for a downtown location.

In Times Square area, the Hotel QT would be another idea with a "cool" pool in the lobby bar. A heads up that many hotels require you to be 21 to register.

Look at hotel reviews on tripadvisor.com
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Neopolitan

Doug, I just have to say you made me feel so much better. I always feel like such a fool when I click post too soon and have to come back to say I did that. It's sure nice to know that even an editor can do the same thing!

And kpilling, I had friends who stayed at the 8th and 51st one and were pleasantly surprised. They said their room was even larger than many Hampton Inns along the Interstate highways. Last year we rented an apartment between 8th and 9th on 51st and like that area very much. Great inexpensive restaurants and bars all along 8th and 9th Avenues.

Old Apr 13th, 2006, 12:11 PM

Yes, I'm often a bit quick on the Post button. I also didn't realize there was a Hampton Inn down at the Seaport. Personally, I would hate to be stuck down there at night. Restaurants are expensive and bad, the mall is just that---a mall. I agree that there are a lot of excellent inexpensive restaurants in Midtown, especially along 9th Avenue.