Search

New York Cheesecake

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 1999, 02:21 AM
Lynn

New York Cheesecake

I will be in New York for one day and want to sample what is considered the best New York Cheesecake, any suggestions. I will be in Manhatten for most of the day.

Old Nov 12th, 1999, 04:17 AM
Dave

Juniors in Brooklyn is the best - a short subway ride from Manhattan and definitely worth the trip!!!

Old Nov 12th, 1999, 05:22 AM
sabrina

Juniors!

Old Nov 12th, 1999, 06:10 AM
Thomas

I think Junior's is opening an outpost in Grand Central Terminal, so before going out to Brooklyn you could check there first.

Old Nov 12th, 1999, 05:57 PM
Debbie

My personal favorite is LINDY'S - there
are several locations in Manhattan, including one on Times Sq.

Great question by the way ...

Old Nov 15th, 1999, 04:38 PM
Noah

What about trying Joey Reynold's Cheescake? Joey claims that it has beaten Junior's and Lindy's in taste tests.

You should be able to get Joey Reynold's cheesecake in the Bloomingdale's Cafe and possibly at the Bread Soul Cafe on 2nd Ave. You can also have it delivered but I don't have the number handy.

Go to http://www.wor710.com/REYNOLDS.HTM

for more info about his show.

(No, I am no way affiliated with Joey Reynolds and I do not get any compensation for this. I have just heard Joey talk about his cheescake a lot and would like to see if anyone has tried it. Unfortunately, I cannot eat cheesecake myself, so have me in mind when you eat it!)

Old Nov 16th, 1999, 04:01 PM
Owen O'Neill

I tried Zabar's cheesecake years ago and it was incredible... does anyone know if it still stacks up with the best? Slightly (but not toally) off topic... I recently tried "NY style" cheesecake that someone made from a recipe of "the Frugal Gourmet" and it was the BEST homemade cheescake I've ever tried. All you cheesecake hounds should also try checking Puerto Rican restaurants in your area and try cheese flan if they have it. It's reminiscent of cheesecake but still distinctly unique.

Old Nov 17th, 1999, 04:57 AM
Lori

The best cheesecake in NY.......
MINE!!!!!!

Old Dec 2nd, 1999, 07:53 AM
Michael

Juniors by far! Many different varieties! You can combine lunch there with a tour of nearby Brooklyn Heights and/or Historic Dwntn Bklyn (don't miss the interior of the Dime Savings Bank, right next door to Juniors!)