Search

New Years in Boston

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 12:32 PM
Michelle Wang

New Years in Boston

Hello everyone - I know that it is a little early to be thinking about New Years Eve plans, but I suppose that I am a bit neurotic about these things. Anyway, I am wondering if anyone can recommend a nice restaurant for New Years Eve dinner in Boston proper? Preferably somewhere that you have been before that won't be too sceney, and not extremely formal (not jeans, but not tux either!) Thanks for all your help!

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 04:23 PM
charles

Price Range? Preferred food types? Preferred neighborhood?

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 04:52 PM
Pastis

Michelle you must reserve now! Boston celebrates 1st night and thousands of people who are not here usually overpower downtown. You can hardly get by on some locations.

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 03:49 AM
gs

I concur with above poster. Also, many restaurants want you to buy a NY "package" - fixed price with noise makers type of thing. We have successfully avoided this in past by eating earlier (6 or 7), but be advised that it will be difficult to find a place that will let you linger and celebrate. The streets of Boston are filled on that night with "First Night" events. You did not mention hotel, but if you are from out of town, many hotels have 2 night minimums at NY.

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 07:35 AM
Joan

Try somewhere in the North End (Italian). You can pretty much pick any place at random and it will be good, and you won't have to wear a tux! Definitely call ahead regarding reservations and fixed menus though. My favorites... Villa Francesca and Fiore.