Search

New Otani Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Otani Hotel

Spent a night here recently and thought it was a good choice. Got a corner 9th floor room with views of Diamond Head and the water (with the W Hotel obstructing it some) even though I was paying a twice discounted rate of $123. The room was medium sized with a Queen bed and smallish bathroom, but more than adequate for one. Would have been OK, but smaller for two. The decor is dated but not shabby and the location is really great. Close to Waikiki but our of the hussle. Would recommend it for a decently priced, quiet Waikiki choice.
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 06:42 PM

Thanks for the post!
I've always stayed in the "heart" of Waikiki and am planning on staying at the New Otani next time.
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 06:51 PM
bonniebroad

Mstraveler, were you in a single room or what they call a "suite?" I love their oceanview jr. suites. They have one of best views you'll ever get of the ocean, city and Diamond Head. I love the New Otani Kaimana....... can't be beat for location, Sans Souci beach, the Hau Tree Lanai restaurant......... Glad you liked it; am really looking forward to going back myself!

Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 05:03 PM
Original Poster

I am sure it was a regular room, but just on a corner. I can't imagine it being a suite under anyone's definition, but it was a great spot. Still am not sure how that was in the "moderate" (i.e. lowest) catagory of room, but I wasn't going to ask questions.
Old Sep 3rd, 2004, 08:11 PM

I've read it's impossible to get a "non smoking" room there, they make no distinctions - i.e. any room can be either smoking or not, is this true ?
Old Sep 3rd, 2004, 08:56 PM
bonniebroad

Yes, pspercy, all rooms are considered smoking rooms there. They have a huge Japanese clientele, and it seems most of them smoke............ That's what a res. clerk told me.

Old Sep 5th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Original Poster

I can't remember if I asked for non-smoking or not (I hate smoking rooms and will ask to be moved until I get one I can live with). The room I had did have an ashtray (and a balcony with chairs) but I didn't smell a trace of smoke (and I am very picky about this). Maybe just luck of the draw...