Reload this Page >

New Orleans suggestions please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 01:53 PM
MARY

We are planning our first trip to NO and would very much appreciate some Hotel suggestions. We want to stay in the Quarter but doesnt need to be upscale (but nice). Thanks in advance

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 02:05 PM
Mike

My wife and I really enjoyed Wyndahm Bourbon Orleans. You could hear some noise from the clubs at night, but it did'nt bother us. We really liked the central location.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 02:56 PM
bethany

We stayed at the Maison Dupuy last year and really liked it. We felt it was a little overpriced, though, when we were there, but friends of our went a couple months later (December I believe) and got a great deal.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 03:33 PM
Cindy

Our family always stays at the Ramada Inn on Bourbon. The Bourbon St. rooms are pretty noisy (and fun to have to people watch), but facing the pool in the back is pretty quiet. The hotel is very centrally located in the Quarter so you can walk to most places you might want to see.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 03:52 PM
leny

My wife and I stayed at the Bourbon Orleans last May. It wasnt that expensive and the help ( I tell you no lie)were the nicest people Ive met.Plus the hotel is in a perfect spot in the quarter.Plus nice . Just one warning.Dont get trapped into the street peoples game.If you make eye contact or say hi ( usually single male)to these guys they try to suck you into their game. Sometimes theyll start rapping to you or one guy will try to bless you. Tap dancing is the big one. Sounds fine right? All this stuff is not free. They will make sure you give them a tip or pay the price.Ive witnessed a fistfight over this.Just be street smart. Best place Ive evered partied. oh ya bourbon orleans good place!!

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 09:11 AM
x

We stayed at the Iberville Suites (adjacent to the Ritz) on the edge of the quarter in April. Thought the location was great and a wonderful value at $139 per night including a terrific breakfast.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 10:56 PM
Amy

When I go, I stay only at the St. Louis on Bienville right off Bourbon. Check their website for deals or call direct. If you don't stay there, be sure to check out their gorgeous tropical courtyard; it has been featured on tv.

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 06:07 AM
NO

I'm partial to the smaller places, Place D'Armes (great location), Prince Conti or the Bourbon.

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 06:10 AM
HotelVP

For good rates, check out:
quikbook.com
and
turbotrip.com

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 07:36 AM
Rachele

We just booked for October at La Maison Marigny which is supposed to be a great B&B and the rooms are under $150 a night. It's on Bourbon but away from the craziness of the center of the French Quarter. It only has 3 rooms and the hosts are supposedly really nice.

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 07:38 AM
x

Another nice B&B is Etiennes on Elysian Fields. It's a little out of the Quarter but is very nice. www.aetiennes.com

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 12:52 PM
luna 13

Lafitte Guesthouse! They treat you like family, actually better than family. Like royalty! Free breakfast, in your room ,coffee ,juice on silver trays.... It is a must.check out there website lafitteguesthouse.com and view all their rooms.