Reload this Page >

New Orleans Hotels??

Search

New Orleans Hotels??

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 1997, 08:07 PM
Holly

New Orleans Hotels??

Does anyone have suggestions concerning hotels or guest houses in New Orleans' French Quarter? We are on a budget of $75-$140. Thanks!!

Old May 15th, 1997, 03:11 PM
Larry

Haven't been there in a long time but try this site: http://shockwave.neosoft.com/~bigeasy/acquaint.html

Old Jun 4th, 1997, 09:52 PM
sonia

We have stayed at the Le Richelieu Hotel in the quarter and loved every minute of it. It is located at 1234 Rue Chartres which is not far from the Farmer's Market. It is quiet but accessible. Most of the people working there have been there for 20 years or more so they must be doing something right. And Lester's Hurricanes are wonderful!

Old Jun 12th, 1997, 12:55 PM
Susie Davis

I often stay at The Old Historic French Quarter Inn, located on Decatur St. It is owned by the Days Inn chain, but you would never know it. I think you should get a room for about $90.00 here. The last time I went to New Orleans, I stayed at the Cornstalk, also located in the French Quarter. I think we paid $155.00 per night. The Cornstalk is my new favorite place to stay. The hotel is housed within an historic mansion, it's gorgeous. Wherever you decide to stay, make sure you find out the check-in time for your hotel. Many hotels have a check-in time of 4:00 PM, and I can't tell you how many times I have walked past a hotel in the French Quarter and seen some poor souls waiting on the steps outside the hotel waiting for 4:00 PM to roll around for them to check in.

Old Jun 26th, 1997, 08:38 AM
Duane Touchet

You may also try the Dauphin Orleans (1 block off of Bourbon St). 2.5 years ago my wife and I stayed there after our wedding reception before leaving on our honeymoon and it was wonderful. We walked the 1 block to bourbon and ate at a wonderful restaurant (Patouts). Since we are locals, we don't usually go to the Quarter to eat since it's so full of tourists, but this was worth it. Try to get a room across the street from the hotel itself. The hotel is split in two with a section located across the street with a private access gate (looks just like an entrance to those nice Quarter homes set back from the street. We had a honeymoon suite which was around $150 but there were normal rooms in that section as well for slightly less. All in all, it was worth being close to Bourbon so driving was not needed. One other surprising thing, it was quiet as the country. I was amazed how quiet the little courtyard outside our suite was. It had a jacuzzi for the hotel guests to use. It's the Dauphin Orleans located on Dauphin street of course (pronounce Doll-Feene) Good Luck and be carefull where you walk at night in the Quarter.

Old Jun 29th, 1997, 02:40 PM
Eileen

Just wanted to let you know that I read in the Houston Chronicle this a.m. that the Pontchartain Hotel is offering a low summer rate of $69 a night through sept.15. I honestly cannot believe it, since it is usually at least double that. It is a very old & distinguished hotel right outside the quarter, on St. Charles Ave. All the rooms are decorated in antiques & full of charm. It's one of my favorites. You can locate them on the web at www.grandheritage.com. I highly recommend it.

Old Jul 6th, 1997, 07:01 PM
Heidi

I am a very frequent visitor to New Orleans and my brother lives there. I almost always stay at the Ramada Inn Garden District on St. Charles Avenue.
We have found it to be a great place to stay since it is away from the noise of the quarter but very accessible since it is on the street car line. You can by a
pass at the little market next door for $8 for three days of unlimited riding. If you book far enough in advance you may be able to get rates as low as $70/nite at
the Ramada. During the summer be sure to ask if that is the lowest rate they can give you, in other words try to bargain your way to a cheaper rate. I have also
stayed at the Frenchman Hotel on Frenchman Street off of Esplanade which is at the edge of the quarter. During the summer you could get a rate as low as $50/nite using
the bargaining tactic again. This Hotel used to be a mansion, it only has 24 rooms and is decorated mainly in antiques. If you like the Hilton this hotel is not for you.
I personnelly love it. It is right up the street from some of the trendy bars in NO. If you stay here and walk to Bourbon St., stick to Decatur Street after dark since
the quarter is extremely dark and dangerous at nite if you stray from the well lit and travelled areas. I also stayed with by brother when he live off of Bourbon Street
and this was very noisy (during Mardi Gras). This may not be the case during the summer though. Please feel free to email me, I can discuss N.O. endlessly since it is
my very favorite city to visit and go at least twice a year.

Old Jul 7th, 1997, 11:47 AM
jenn

Hello! I don't have the phone number right now, but the name is the "Biscuit Palace". I know it sounds like a joke, but it's not. It is half a block off Burbon st, on Dumaine. I have stayed there durring MardiGras for only $69 a night. The atmosphere is B&B without the breakfast. No elevators, just clean easy access to all the fun. I have stayed there the last two times I have gone.

Old Jul 7th, 1997, 05:51 PM
Paula Gray

Last December my husband and I stayed at Lafitte Guesthouse on Bourbon St. It was really charming, with antiques, high ceilings, a balcony overlooking the street. They have a variety of rooms, with different prices, mostly $110-155. They were very helpful, telling me about each room, and not at all snooty about my price guidelines. It's at the quiet end of Bourbon, walking distance to everything in the Quarter.

Old Jul 8th, 1997, 02:07 AM
Donna Lord

My husband and I will be visiting New Orleans at the end of the year and we would appreciate any info regarding accommodation, attractions etc.
Donna (Australia)