Reload this Page >

New Orleans / French Quarter Hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2000, 08:07 AM
Anthony Curtis

I am heading New Orleans for the 25th - 28th of May.

Because I am late making reservations, many hotels are booked. I would appreciate advice on the following:
Bourbon Orleans - Queen Bed - No Balcony $189
Dauphine Orleans - $339 Jacuzzi Suite
Inn on Bourbon (Ramada) - $225 Balcony (courtyard view), $205 No Balcony (same view)
St. Louis Hotel - $199 Queen Bed - No Balcony (courtyard view)
St. Anne / Marie Antoinette Hotel - $179 Queen Bed - No Balcony (courtyard view)
Chateu le Moyne (Holiday Inn) - $159-179 - Double Bed - No Balcony (courtyard view)

You can E-mail me directly at [email protected], or post here.

Thanks!

Old May 3rd, 2000, 08:22 AM
Carrie

The Sheraton at 500 Canal Street has rooms for those days at $129 and $169, NS King (weekend and weekday rates).
(I'm not an agent, in case someone asks. I just happened to be checking for other dates for myself)

Old May 3rd, 2000, 08:46 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Anthony, you're making a good choice to stay right in the Quarter as it will be very hot and walking from the financial district will soak you.

I can't comment on all your hotels, but doubt that the Dauphine Orleans suite is worth that price. You can get about the same great location at the Holiday Inn on Dauphine (I think that's the Chateau le Moyne). And it generally gets good reviews here.

I'm sure others will have advice for you.

Old May 3rd, 2000, 08:55 AM
susan

Although I haven't stayed there in several years, my husband and I were very pleased with the Chateau le Moyne. It's totally unlike a Holiday Inn both inside and out and it's in a great location, too. Whatever you do, DON'T book the other Holiday Inn in the French Quarter...it's AWFUL.

Old May 3rd, 2000, 09:26 AM
Kristi

Anthony, we stayed at the Bourbon Orleans last year. Great location in the French Quarter, ask for a courtyard view as the Bourbon Street side stays noisy until very late, esp. on weekends. I believe its part of the Wyndham chain, so the rooms are nice, but not filled with antiques or particularly charming, didn't use room service.

They overbooked when we were there and we checked in late in the evening, so our friends got their room but they sent us to the Bienville House for a night, on the house with provided transportation. OK with me, saved us $150.

We stayed at the Marie Antoinette the year before, we were satisfied with our room, our friends would not go back, said the bed was uncomfortable and the shower dripped. If I had to choose between the two, I'd go with the Bourbon Orleans.

Old May 5th, 2000, 07:46 AM
RAD

We are going to be there sometime soon. Tried to book at the Marie Antoinette and they would not even guarantee a king sized bed..let alone anything else. Very unfriendly on the phone.

Old May 5th, 2000, 01:35 PM
Jim

For what it's worth, RAD, beware of any hotel that guarantees anything. I've been bumped from my guaranteed rooms (despite the fact that I called to let them know I'd be late), changed from a guaranteed king to two twin beds, and guaranteed on the wrong arrival date despite my confirmation showing the right date! To put it bluntly, there are no guarantees.

Old May 6th, 2000, 09:11 AM
RAD

Jim, I can say that we travel quite a bit and maybe once have we gotten two doubles when we asked for a king. We have been pretty lucky.

Old May 6th, 2000, 09:34 AM
susan

I just have to add an agreement to Jim about the lack of any real guarantees as far as rooms go. We've been stung more times than I can remember after asking for a king-sized bed and checking in to find out that our late arrival (even though we'd pre-paid and confirmed the upcoming late arrival) had caused the king room to be given to someone else. Their excuse: first come, first served. A helpful hotel clerk told us that in order to GUARANTEE a certain room, you have to ask the hotel to "block" it for you. In other words, they find a room like the one you request, and block that exact room for you...nobody else gets it, regardless when you show up.