Search

New Mexico Trip

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12th, 2007, 06:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Mexico Trip

We are traveling to New Mexico in June and have 6 days. We plan to fly into Albuquerque late in the afternoon and travel Turquoise Trail to Santa Fe. We are using SF as our base with one night in Taos. We want to see Bandelier, High Rd, Low Rd via SF to Taos, Taos Pueblo, maybe drive Enchanted circle, historic sights in SF and Sandia Peak Tram on way back to Alb. for 1 night stay. Any help would be appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Apr 12th, 2007, 06:40 AM

What are you exactly looking for? You have posted on several threads asking for and getting lots of great suggestions. IF you cannot find your old post regarding this trip, either click on your name or using the drop down menu, highlight New Mexico and hit enter.
Debi
Old Apr 12th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

Sorry DebitNM. I din't know I had posted too many times. I'm just trying to get some thoughts to finalize our trip. I wanted to know if all of this was doable or if someone had other suggestions. I don't know the distances and time needed to spend in each area. Since you served me before, you need not bother again. Thanks.
Old Apr 12th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

Sorry about the spelling - that is "didn't".
Old Apr 12th, 2007, 03:32 PM

I didn't mean that you couldn't post;

"Any help would be appreciated." sounds like you were just now beginning and no ideas that you were working with -- like "I am going to ______, what do you think?"

I also thought that perhaps you "lost" all your other threads and didn't know how to find them.

I love NM and am always happy to share that along with my 5 years of residence/knowledge with Fodor folks.

Central NM {ABQ, Santa Fe and Taos } are all in close proximity to each other. The longest drive [from ABQ to Taos} is about 3 hours if driven directly. Stopping at sights along the way will of course alter this time.

You should have plenty of time to go where you want if you will actually be IN New Mexico for 6 days. IF 2 of those days are travel days, it might be close.

Hope this helps...
Debi

Old Apr 12th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Original Poster

DebitNM I did go back and look at my posts as I couldn't remember before how to do this. We originally were going to go last year, so I had posted last year as well. I plan to use some of the suggestions and go with the flow on the rest. Thanks again.
Old Apr 14th, 2007, 06:27 PM

If you're planning to ride the tram, you'll have to take I-25 back from Santa Fe to Albuquerque. You can't get there from the east side of the Sandias, so if you wanted to drive the Turquoise Trail, you'll have to do it on the way to Santa Fe.

Lee Ann