Search

New England Trip Sept 19-30

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New England Trip Sept 19-30

Hi,
I'm planning a trip with a friend during the above dates, the purpose being to see fall colors. How off will we be with the early dates because this is the only time she can get away from her job. Are we completely wasting our time? Would you say forget it & try for a later date next year? If you think there will be some color, north would be the place I imagine. We are planning to fly into Boston, but no reservations are made yet. It seems the logical choice since we're meeting there, coming from different states. Any ideas, advice, suggestions would be appreciated. I'm not sure what to tag this post, so I chose Mass since we'll be starting there.
Thanks
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 02:26 PM
yk

Yup, that's way too early. Mid-Oct around Columbus day is the "usual" leaf-peeping time.
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 02:27 PM

Sept 19 to 30 is too early for color unless you're way north in NH near the Canadian border.

The leaf colors won't star showing in southern NH and into Mass until the second to third week of October.
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Original Poster

Frustrating. We did talk about going to Quebec, so do you think if we just head up that way, then, we'll get some colors? I may start planting the seed of postponement......
Thanks,
Old Jun 19th, 2009, 02:49 AM

If you fly into Quebec you can then drive south to the Vermont area near Jay peak, Lake Memphremegog (sp. -3) or even down to Stow and get some nice color. Some people find it prettier when there is still some green mixed with the reds and yellows anyway. Or fly into Manchester, NH and drive up to the White Mountains.
Old Jun 19th, 2009, 05:34 AM

When you say to fly into Quebec, you mean Montreal and not Quebec City right? Montreal is closer to VT.