Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Need to find moderate priced hotel for 2 adults and 2 small children. Help!?!?!?!

Search

Need to find moderate priced hotel for 2 adults and 2 small children. Help!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 02:51 PM
angie

We will be taking our vacation to Washington DC in June. My children are 8 and 5 years old. We need a moderate to lux. hotel that is family friendly, preferably w/ refrigerator. Any hotel picks or touristy tips would be greatly appreciated!!!

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 03:24 PM
xxx

Try reposting with Wash DC in the header for better results.

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 04:52 PM
Jim Rosenberg

You might try the State Plaza Hotel in the Foggy Bottom area. We had a suite that included a kitchenette, powder room, bathroom and a very large bedroom which was very competitively priced via www.quikbook.com. (You'll see State Plaza Hotel on other discount hotel sites. I found quikbook to be the lowest rate). There is a metro station within a couple of blocks and you can walk to some of the major sites. If you can live without the refrigerator, I greatly prefer the DuPont Circle area neighborhood. (You can simply take the metro to the historic sites/monuments). Try the Radisson Barcelo for monster-sized rooms and -- depending on what else is going on in town -- reasonable rates. Radisson hotels have their own online booking tool (www.radisson.com). I've booked both of these within the past year at $135/night plus tax (14.5%). Both are very solid values if you can do that well.

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 04:57 AM
vanetta

The Embassy Suites in Alexandria Virginia worked well for our family a few years back. It is right on the Metro line and very family friendly.

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 07:09 PM
Lisa

if you are going over a weekend you will find thatmany hotels have disocunted rates. westayed at Loews L'enfant plaza which is the one of the nearest hotels to the Air and Sapce Museum and obviously very close to to the mall. They had a good price on weekends.

With any hotel, ask for AAA discounts or other disocunts.

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 06:33 AM
ann

We loved the St. James Hotel and thought it was very reasonable. Two kids slept on sofas in the living room (had their own TV), bedroom had two double beds. Full kitchen. Close to Foggy Bottom metro, walking distance to some restaurants. Continental breakfast included. Lovely place. Have fun!