Search

Las Vegas Wedding

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 11:01 AM
Tom

Las Vegas Wedding

We are going to Las Vegas in July to get married. We have narrowed it down to either the Bellagio, Paris or Caesers. We have a small party of about 15 people. Has anyone gotten married at any of these hotels? Also does anyone have any suggestions on a reception dinner? Thanks.

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 05:03 AM
Lori

Although I did not get married at any of the places you mentioned, as a long time Vegas junkie I would probably recommend Bellagio. If the wedding facilities are anything like the rest of the hotel, they are most likely elegant, refined and real classy (like the hotel itself). Most people seem to have their photos taken in the conservatory which is absolutely gorgeous.

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 05:49 AM
Julie

My cousin got married last August at the Flamingo Hilton, I realize that was not a choice but it was a beautiful outside ceremony. I cannot comment on the others, never went to any other wedding in Vegas.

As fas as the reception goes, my parents and her parents stayed in a large suite for the trip. It had a large living room between two bedrooms which worked out perfectly for her wedding party of 40. Anyway I was told that you could rent a hospitality suite for parties. It is just a hotel room with no beds, it has chairs and sofas instead.
The hotel catered the party and supplied a bartender. You could just get it catered or just get a bartender, whatever you want. You can also supply your own food and beverages. But I don't think they would give you a bartender if you didn't buy there liquor.

Good luck.

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 10:45 PM
Dave

The Bellagio all the way!!!

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 07:55 AM
Bill I

If you are going to stay at the same hotel at which you will be married at, make sure that when you reserve your accomodations, you let them know you are also getting married there. In our case, we got married at the Chapel of the West(16 yrs ago - February & it actually snowed in Vegas the day we got married.), which was then assocciated with the now torn down Hacienda Hotel. We booked a suite at the hotel & they gave us 1/2 off the price. Don't know if places still do that, but it won't hurt to ask. We had about 30 - 40 people there. After the wedding, we had a mini reception in the hotel suite. (We actually had a special wedding cake made here in Chicago & brought it out with us on the airplane - with no problems.

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 11:24 AM
Erin

Bellagio all the way. This hotel is by far the most romantic. Furthermore, it's less cheesy than the others. If, on the other hand, you are into a small bit of cheese, I recommend Paris over Caesers.
Also, with regards to the reception dinner, I ate all over Vegas & Bellagio had by far the best tasting menu at the most reasonable price (note, I'm not saying it's the best place to eat in Vegas, I'm just saying that for the price it was superb!).

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 06:56 AM
Diane

I saw an wedding party having pictures taken in the Conservatory (read: gorgeous garden room) at Bellagio last January. Exquisite.

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 08:14 AM
staci

I got married 2 1/2 years ago at the Excalibur & it was a beautiful ceremony. We had 40+ people out in Vegas with us & decided to have a reception right in the hotel. The entire wedding including reception was wonderful, no complaints at all. Whichever hotel you choose, look into their own catering, it is very conveinient. Right after the ceremony everyone went upstairs & started partying. I also used the photographer & DJ reccommended by the Excalibur & like I said, no complaints. Good Luck.

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 08:19 AM
Julie

Regarding Photographer comment above:
My cousin used the photographer affiliated with the hotel and the pictures were beautiful! I also used a photographer affiliated with the place I got married and the pictures were beautiful. So it sounds as if hotel photographers are normally great.

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 09:32 AM
Nicole

We were married in Vegas and had our reception at the Stratosphere Top of the World. I can not recommend anything more. The food is superb, the service impeccable and the view....well, what can I say. You are situated at the highest point in Vegas, in a rotating restaurant, with floor to ceiling windows and the sunset is SPECTACULAR. Everyone had a fantastic Time!!!!!! We have been back every year to celebrate our anniversary. All two!!

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 12:33 PM
may

Congrats on the marriage! We're getting married this May, and had looked at having it in Vegas... We visited the wedding chapels at Bellagio & Mandalay Bay. Bellagio looked the best by far. The Paris eiffel tower ceremony looked kinda hokey for what we were looking for. Ultimately, we decide to not get married in Vegas becuase of logistics (too many guests). But I'd choose Bellagio if we were going to do it.

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 06:23 PM
Debi

Tom - first of all - Congratulations!! We got married at the Bellagio in November 2000. We had 24 guests. I'm telling you - it is the way to go!! It was fabulous. Here is what we did. Our two families and some of our friends hadn't met, so we had a little cocktail reception on Sat night at Planet Hollywood. They have these little meeting rooms upstairs, and they had some nice snacks and we had drinks. Then on Sunday, we had our wedding - gorgeous Chapel, we let the Bellagio set up everything - they photographer was great, they videotaped it (wonderful), they did the flowers (gorgeous), they hooked us up with a minister (Richard Smith) who was absolutely delightful. It is by far the most amazing place to be married. We also stayed in the hotel - wonderful service, food, you name it. We had our reception at the Palm Restaurant (in the Forum shops). It was nice because people could just walk over. Also - they have an Elvis impersonator that works there - and our friends hired him to come and sing to us (who can get married in Vegas without seeing Elvis). The Palm Restaurant took care of everything - they were great to work with. They have a small private room that would be perfect for your group - they'll put flowers, etc. For our wedding cake, we had the Palm order it from Freed's Bakery - go online and look at them. It was absolutely amazing. Everyone had a great time all the way around. Many people had never been to Vegas, and it turned out to be really fun for everyone!! If you have any specific questions - feel free to email me directly.

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 08:15 AM
tom

Thanks alot for all your suggestions. We have decided on the Bellagio and are really looking forward to it. The restaurant is still a toss up though. We want to it to be close to the wedding so we are either thinking of one of Bellagio's restaurants or The Palm (we have heard lots of good things about this one.

Thanks again!