Reload this Page >

Need SW Michigan vacation ideas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2000, 08:12 PM
Stefany

We're looking to vacation to SW Michigan over 4th of July. Grand Haven, Saugatuck and South Haven are pretty well booked already. Any other suggestions? I found The Boulevard Inn in St. Joseph...anyone been there?

Old Mar 11th, 2000, 07:40 AM
Brooke

Holland is near Saugatauck and has quite a few more hotels although they book up fast too. The last time we went was during Holland's tulip festival and we had to stay up in Grand Rapids. There are a lot of hotels in Grand Rapids.
There is also many things to do there and good restaurants. The drive isn't bad. I'm not sure about St. Joseph.

Old Mar 11th, 2000, 05:34 PM
Amik

There is a brand new Hampton Inn in South Haven, actually just across the highway, 3 minutes from the center.
It's not one of those romantic B&B typical for this wonderful area, but it's a good, inexpensive, clean Ñ and again, new place to sleep.
Worth a phone call.
Amik

Old Apr 24th, 2000, 09:19 AM
Lisa

Stefany,

The Boulevard in St. Joseph is fantastic! It is new and the rooms are all luxurious suite-types. They also have a great sunday brunch. Definitely a first class place to stay, and it is only 1 block from the downtown area. If they still have rooms, I would book it!

Lisa

Old Apr 24th, 2000, 11:34 AM
Nancy

I live in South Haven. You might try Victoria Resort. They have cottages and also are a B&B. They have a website which will give you some information as well.

Someone else suggested the Hampton Inn. It is a new hotel built just last year. South Haven is great over 4th of July. We have fireworks off the lighthouse pier and there are hundreds of boats in the lake with lights on. It's quite magical.

Hope you have a nice trip! I vacationed here for 10 years when I decided to move here permanently. It's a great place.