Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Need Suite in NYC- Hotel Rivington Stinks!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the owner's suite booked for next weekend at the Hotel on Rivington, NYC. Loved the area, loved the hotel.... then went to have a drink with some friends last night (I'm a ex-NYer) and it was AWFUL. The manager was a jerk, even after knowing we were taking the owner's suite for 2 nights... and requesting 2 more nights. The bartender and waitress actually insulted our guests, and we ended up picking up and leaving our full drinks on the table (paid, that's how pissed we were). I lived in NYC for years and left in 2004. Am I just forgetting that people are treated like crap at hip hotels?

Anyway, this is for a bachelorette party with many of my dearest girlfriends flying in from out of town. All we want is a great space (obviously, we're will to pay!) with decent staff.

Any suggestions on a suite for this weekend? The one we had - we canceled - had a king and 4 bunk beds! Very fun lower east-side neighborhood. We'd appreciate any help. I'm truly heartbroken.
Old Jul 6th, 2007, 08:47 PM

The Wow suites at some of the Ws are pretty fantastic. Don't know about the ones in NY, but you could go online and find out.
Old Jul 6th, 2007, 09:07 PM

Here's a link about one of them:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/28ebjk
Old Jul 6th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Original Poster

thanks! i'll look them up. still searching for more.....
Old Jul 6th, 2007, 11:48 PM

It's a bit old and dated, but the suite rooms are quite nice at the Rooselvelt Hotel on Madison at 46th St. From there you can get anywhere in the city you want to go via bus or subway.

Sorry you had such an awful time, and hopefully the weekend will end up being great for all.
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 02:53 AM

Gave you some ideas for trendy places on your other thread, but you might want to check out some "normal" places too where they think the guests deserve great service (and don't put you in bunk beds!). Phone Affinia www.affinia.com and see what they might have (9 hotels-all suites). Their Benjamin might be nice. I would also check the Trump International. The Chambers is a trendy midtown hotel. Good luck!
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 10:01 AM
MaureenB

The Affinia group is very nice and they provide great service. We had a two bedroom/two bath suite last May, that was very nice, at the Affinia Gardens, on the upper East side. It had a full kitchen, etc. I think we only paid about $650 for the one night. I'd highly recommend it.
>-

Old Jul 10th, 2007, 11:13 AM

The SHelburne (an Affinia suites hotel), has a nice rooftop bar with great views.

Unfortunately there aren't many hotels of any kind in the downtown area.