Reload this Page >

Need suggestions on hotels in Carmel, CA

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 1998, 02:46 PM
Vicki Ullery

Would like to know of non-chain, quaint place to stay in Carmel in July. Price less than $130/night.

Old Jun 7th, 1998, 04:21 PM
B.

We are also traveling to Carmel in July. Friends of ours recommended the "Green Lantern Inn" which is a B&B operated by Best Western. All the rooms have private baths. They also have cottages. It is the only B&B owned by BW. It is part of a pilot program. It's costing us about $130/night.

Old Jun 8th, 1998, 01:58 PM
kam

Vagabond's House Inn on Dolores Street should have some rooms in your price range, Others to try might be the Wayside Inn which has mini kitchens in some rooms, thus saving money on breakfast and lunch. You might want to reconsider because nothing in Carmel is inexpensive and stay in Monterey--a very reasonable and well located hotel is the Otter Inn down near Cannery Row. Pacific Grove is also a good choice--if you stay there, have a meal at the Fishwife.

Old Jun 9th, 1998, 07:01 AM
A. Anne Vernon

Stayed at the Best Western Mission Inn for 4 nights in February. About $90 per night. Two great, quaint shopping areas within crawling distance -- the Barnyard and Crossroads. Easy access to the mission, PCH, downtown shopping, etc.

Old Jun 9th, 1998, 12:31 PM
J Stewart

The Sandpiper.

Old Jun 14th, 1998, 03:35 PM
G LUCKER

WENT THERE 2 YEARS AGO AND STAYED IN A QUAINT B&B, WISH i COULD REMEBER THE NAME, IT WAS IN DOWNTOWN THO. AS YOU KNOW CARMEL IS ON THE WATER BUT TRYING TO SEE IT FROM A ROOM IS SOMETHING ELSE, BUT WE FOUND ONE THAT HAD A ROOM ON TOP OF A 3 STORY HOUSE AND HAD THE ONLY ROOM WITH VIEW OF THE OCEAN, AND I KNOW IT WASNT OVER $150, WITH BREAKFAST OF COURSE. WE DID NOT HAVE RESERVATIONS, WE JUST WALKED AROUOND AND WENT IN AND INQUIRED AT VARIOUS PLACES UNTIL WE FOUND THE PLACE WE LIKED - SO THAT IS WHAT I ADVISE TO DO.,

Old Jun 16th, 1998, 07:22 AM
renee

Last June we stayed at the Horizon Inn (& Ocean View Lodge) at Junipero & 3rd. We had room 104, which has a balcony with a great view (you can even see a bit of the bay). It also has a fireplace and each morning a picnic basket with breakfast snacks is dropped off in front of your door. The rate was $109, but we must've gotten a AAA discount and paid $98.10. Have a great time!!!

Old Jun 16th, 1998, 02:33 PM
Anne Beer

We stayed at the Wayside Inn and received a special rate. I think it usually runs about $180. It's worth asking. We loved it for the location, the sitting room with fireplace, and the wonderful breakfast basket that was dropped at the door by 8 each morning!

Old Jun 17th, 1998, 10:38 AM
beth

My fiance and I stayed at The Ticked Pink in Carmel last year. Each room has a private patio with gorgeous views. Some rooms have firep[laces also, but I doubt that will to a requirement in the summer. Every room also has a "Guest Diary" so you get to read about all the different people from all over the country that have visited. Pretty interesting. Included is a continental breakfast delivered to your room, which is pretyy tasty and the daily paper. It is located just up the hill from the Highlands Inn, which is very expesive. That diodn't stop us for stopping by for a pre-dinner drink before heading downtown. Casanova's in a great romantic restaurant in Carmel. Great food, definately make reservations.

Old Jun 17th, 1998, 10:39 AM
beth

My fiance and I stayed at The Ticked Pink in Carmel last year. Each room has a private patio with gorgeous views. Some rooms have firep[laces also, but I doubt that will to a requirement in the summer. Every room also has a "Guest Diary" so you get to read about all the different people from all over the country that have visited. Pretty interesting. Included is a continental breakfast delivered to your room, which is pretyy tasty and the daily paper. It is located just up the hill from the Highlands Inn, which is very expensive. The Inn has a nice restaurant and bar so we stopped by for a pre-dinner drink before heading downtown. Casanova's in a great romantic restaurant in Carmel. Great food, definately make reservations.

Old Jun 18th, 1998, 08:22 AM
kam

Please, if you're going to Carmel in the summer on a weekend, make a reservation. The couple who just walked around were extremely lucky!!! We generally don't even go to Carmel during summer or go midweek. It's very crowded with tourists!

Old Jun 19th, 1998, 11:50 AM
Anne

I see it's been suggested but let me second the idea of the Best Western Mission Inn. It was a beautiful hotel with a nice pool area.