Search

Need Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Suggestions

Any suggestions on what to do with three 14 year old girls in scottsdale, AZ? Yes, hanging out by the poolside and mall can be fun... for a day! But what do we do the rest of our time there?! We'll be traveling in mid-april and so far our only plan is to visit Sedona and possibly go horseback riding. Any suggestions you offer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old Mar 29th, 2006, 06:22 PM

We went on a hot air balloon ride in Scottsdale and loved it. It's early in the morning, but worth it. After the ride, they serve a nice little breakfast. Also took a helicopter tour in Sedona and that was a lot of fun as well. There are also jeep tours of the desert, but I have not done that. Depends on what they like, but we also went to Rawhide in Scottsdale, an Old West style town/attraction. Typical wild west place, saloon, old general store type shops, you can get a picture taken wearing old costumes, they have a mechanical bull, etc. The horseback riding is a lot of fun, we went on a sunset ride that was very nice.
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 06:31 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
my suggestion... post again with "teenagers in scottsdale arizona" as your title
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 07:32 AM

Traveled w/3 teenagers last summer to AZ, while visiting Scottsdale found a neat little Restaurant/Ice Cream Parlor called the Sugar Bowl. Great homemade food and low prices!
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 07:34 AM

Hit post reply button too soon. In Sedona the girls would like Slide Rock State Park, a natural water slide. Spent most of the day there. And also Montzeuma's Castle good place to go.
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 09:10 AM

The Sugar Bowl is famous from The Family Circus cartoons seen in most Sunday newspapers for decades.

The Scottsdale Fashion Mall truly is a spectacle to behold. I doubt if they'll be as interested in the shops and galleries in Old Town Scottsdale. You might want to walk along Mill Street in Tempe (ASU campus).

Great hiking at Camelback Mtn. Very adventurous hiking. Google for info on where to park and to see pics.
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Tess

Eight or so years ago we took our kids on a horseback ride in the desert south of town. They've never forgotten it--riding through the big cactus was a fun adventure.