Need some advice re: Mexico

Apr 20th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Original Poster

Need some advice re: Mexico

Hi,
I am new to this, and I wondered if anyone could help me find a great spot. First, I am 47, single, non smoker, don't drink, but know how to have a lot of fun without the former; only thing is, I can only travel in August. I was considering going to Ixtapa, Mexico, as in 1979 when I last went there, it was just being built! So, I would love to go back there. I think someone like myself could benefit from an all-inclusive, and I would LOVE to have access to lots of SPA stuff! Any ideas?? I may take my Mom as a retirement gift, or I may go with a girlfriend....so if you have any tips, I welcome them! Have a great weekend!
Apr 20th, 2007, 08:07 AM

Hi,

Most spas are all-inclusive and would be great if you went by yourself or with a girlfriend. Mexico has lots of beautiful spas and Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo, Los Cabos, Riviera Maya are all great with amazing food, beautiful beaches, great prices, fantastic spas with state of the art treatments and pampering. If you don't mind the heat, there are some GREAT discounts and promotions in Arizona in August at the luxury resorts and spas.

Another question to consider, is your main interest for soft adventure and health/wellness or pampering? That will be a factor in choosing a destination spa vs. a resort spa.

Best Regards,
Julia
Apr 20th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Ag3046

Try posting this on the Latin America branch, where Mexico information is.

Apr 20th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Original Poster

Hi,
And thanks for your reply. Most likely, I will go with a girlfriend. I prefer pampering over adventure as you mentioned; I would prefer all inclusive, and Mexico is my first preference. My budget is eh...so, not exactly the key factor, but, can't spend a fortune, either! Thanks
Apr 20th, 2007, 08:49 AM

spafinder.com might be a good website to check. You can also look on luxurylink.com Since you'll be going in off season, there might be some interesting packages to buy. Do you realize you've posted on the US board and the info on Mexico is generally on the Latin America board here?

Here are 2 threads from there that have some good info for you.

http://fodors.com/forums/threadselec...6&tid=34462093

http://fodors.com/forums/threadselec...6&tid=34556727