Need restaurant suggestions for Falmouth

Old Aug 20th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need restaurant suggestions for Falmouth

Next week I will be in Falmouth for 1 night/2 days. We usually stay in Wellfleet, but because of time constraints, we are staying in Falmouth this time, & could use some restaurant suggestions. We LOVE seafood. Don't want something high end, but good food, nice atmosphere & casual.

Would also consider going to Sandwich for dinner so would like recommendations.

I posted last night & asked about Beach Rose Inn in Falmouth. I have already made my reservation so can't change it but if anyone has stayed there, would appreciate some feedback.
Thanks!
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 07:38 AM

La Cucina Sul Mare on Main Street is very good and reasonably priced.
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 08:40 AM

Depends on what you like. I've tried food at some of the low-end price spots in Falmouth proper and at Woods Hole.

For Falmouth: Betsy's Diner is a perfectly fine option in its category. Peking Palace was okay. Have been to the RooBar in Plymouth (has a more upscale bar feel) and liked that a good bit, but don't know if this translates to the Falmouth branch or not -- it may, of course. Steve's Pizzeria makes a respectably good slice. Molly's Tea Room offers lunches and afternoon teas -- only tried an ice tea there, but it was fine. Ben and Bill's is a good place for candy and ice cream. Pies A La Mode is a worthy bakery and coffee shop.

Woods Hole: Fishmonger's Cafe is good and has a water view. Quick's Hole does nice creative burritos and such. Captain Kidd Bar is a dumpy old place, pretty standard pub grub. Pie in the Sky is another baked goods and coffee spot, liked what I tried there.

Both areas have a branch of Coffee Obsession, a Starbuck's like spot. Good java at both outposts.

Can't tell you much about fancier places here, sorry to report.
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 11:12 AM

I second the recommendation for Fishmonger's in Woods Hole. There's also Shuckers Raw Bar in Woods Hole which is on the water, and Liam McGuires's Irish Pub in downtown Falmouth is quite good and they often have live music. Since you mentioned Sandwich, I highly recommend the Beehive or Acqa Grille in Sandwich. Aqua Grille and has a water view.
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! I like the idea of Fishmonger's or Acqa Grille. We aren't really interested in pizza; when we are on the Cape, we like to have fresh seafood.

Are there any good take-out sandwich places where we can buy lunch & bring to the beach?
Old Aug 21st, 2010, 04:20 AM

For take out lunch, try Pie in the Sky, besides coffee & pastry, they make a decent sandwich & have a good number of options, worked for me in the past!
Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 05:01 AM
Original Poster

bail2332, thanks for your suggestion about take-out sandwiches at Pie in the Sky. The weather looks good for this Thurs & Fri, so I'm looking forward to our short trip to Falmouth.
Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 06:51 AM

For a very casual seafood place,try Seafood Sam's on rte 28 just north of the downtown. Sam's is consistently rated among the best as far as fresh seafood. There is no table service, you order at the counter and grab a table - but it's a very clean and well run place. If you want Asian, try Bangcock Cusine on rte 28 just a few blocks east of the town center. This is an unassuming looking Thai place with excellent Asian food, and it's byob.