Need orientation in Breckenridge, please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How close are the nearest gondola/lift, restaurants and shops to the South Ridge Street and Jefferson intersection in Breckenridge?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!
Old Dec 14th, 2008, 07:22 AM

I need a better address. I cannot locate that intersection on my map. If it is where I think it is, you a couple miles NW of the downtown area and would not be real close to anything. BUT I could be very wrong.
Old Dec 14th, 2008, 07:33 AM

Finally found it, I think. Scratch earlier comments. That is on the NW edge of the dowtown area. You would be walkable to most of the restaurants and shops. And probably walkable to the gondola from the public parking lots up to Peak 8. Breckenridge has an excellent, free bus system that will take you to anyplace that is not walkable. If you are looking at a condo at that location, ask the agency.
Old Dec 14th, 2008, 11:23 AM

Lets start this all over again. Scratch both prior postings. The sad part is I think I know Breckenridge very well since I ski about 20 days a year there. The Quest map threw me off on my orientation but I think I have it now. That address is towards the south end of the Main street and maybe one block east of Main ST. Slightly to the SE of the center of Breck. Probably within a couple of blocks of all major restaurants, etc. Good location. Probably a three block walk to the 12 pack chair at the bottom of Peak 9. Shuttle buses on Main St will take you about anywhere you would want to go.

Old Dec 15th, 2008, 02:00 AM

You're about 8 blocks (approx half a mile) from the gondola; 2 blocks from the beginning of any shopping/dining; and about 4 and a half blocks from the Quicksilver Lift at the base of peak 9.

All in all.....not a bad location.

For bus routes check out:
http://breckenridge.snow.com/info/su...n.maps.bus.asp

Looks like your intersection is on the black bus route which will get you to the gondola and the base of Peak 8, but you'll have to walk one block east on Jefferson to French St., or one block west to Main St. in order to catch it.