Reload this Page >

Need ON THE BEACH condo recomendations, please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 1999, 02:25 PM
Michelle

I will be taking my extended family (14 people) to Hawaii and need recommendations for condos that are very nice and on the beach in Maui or possibly Oahu. An area with restaurants within close proximity would be nice. Thanks!

Old Aug 30th, 1999, 05:23 PM
Ruth

Michelle, Give us dollar range, and we can help you a lot more, also how many condos (like 4 one-bedrooms or 2 three-bedrooms?) Do you want restaurants in walking proximity or within a 10 minute drive? Oahu will be a little cheaper than Maui, if that matters at all.

Old Sep 9th, 1999, 08:31 PM
Chuck

I too am looking for beachfront condo accomodations in Maui for a family reunion in July 2000. Here's the info:

We need approximately 8 condos, two or 3 bedrooms each. They need to have some type of lawns or beach areas safe for small children to play. A/C would be nice.

We need the condos to have cooking facilities for meals at home, BBQ's etc

We want to stay in the $1200-$1400 per week range for each condo.

Any tips? We are currenty looking at Napili Point Resort, although are not limited to that area.

Mahalo,

Chuck

Old Sep 10th, 1999, 02:22 PM
Sandy

We rented a house for our family last January in Paia, Maui. We were about 2 blocks from the ocean and had a fenced in yard. The house had 3 bedrooms 3 baths plus a studio apartment, 2 kitchens, and was very close to resturants and shops. Do a web search for Paia by the Sea to see pictures and rates for this house. We especially liked the outdoor shower with the orange tree growing over it, and meeting Willie Nelson one morning at the local resturant at the end of our street.

Old Sep 11th, 1999, 05:49 AM
Elaine

We stayed at the Makena Surf on Maui and were very pleased. This is a luxury condo & priced accordingly. Was top shelf all the way & was in a magnificent setting.

Old Sep 11th, 1999, 11:14 AM
Lori

Michelle & also Chuck,
I've mentioned The Mahana before on this Forum as a really good place to stay (we do not own a condo there but have stayed there 4 different times). All the units are ocean front with great views of Lanai and Molakai from everyplace in the condo! There is a pool (not a wildy fancy one like some of the hotels however, just a pool), there is also a grassy area and a beach as well as a fantastic beach just to the left of the buildings (2, twelve story bldgs. by the way). They have web site, check it out. The 2 bedroom condos have 2 baths and there are a few 1 bedroom ones that have 2 baths also (I think they are the ones that end in "15" - 615, 815, etc. but don't quote me on that). They have barbeque grills for guests use too on the grounds. They all have complete kitchens and also washer & dryers - also daily maid service. Location is good, about 7 miles north of Lahaina, about mid-way between Kaanapoli and Kapalua. Whaler's Village is not far, likewise golf, upteen places to eat, grocery stores, etc. We've always enjoyed staying there, mostly because we did not have to worry how much of an ocean view we were actually going to get. They have senior rates (if any of your party are over 55 and also have a deal with Budget rental car (they may use another co. this year, but Budget was the one they used our last 4 visits) for a discounted rate. They also give you coupons for 1/2 off at a number of places on Maui which is handy too. I hope you all enjoy Maui should you decide to visit there, it is a spectacular vacation site.

Old Sep 11th, 1999, 11:18 AM
Lori

Ref: my posting - I forgot to say The Mahana is an ASTON property,they can be reached at 800-922-7866. Sorry!

Old Sep 28th, 1999, 08:49 PM
Barbara

You may also want to check out Napili Sunset. They are right on Napili beach and have 1 and 2 bdrm condos. We haved stayed there before and had a good time. There is a great restaurant down the beach at the Napili Kai Beach Club called the Seahouse. Don't miss it. You may also want to check out the Beach Club for lodging, they have some suite type lodging with a mini kitchen, but they are pricier. There are a number of low rise condos all along the Napili beach that you may want to check out. Napili Shores is a good option as well but they may only offer 1 bdrms. They have a great little open air restaurant there that serves great macadamia nut pancakes.