Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Need nice apartment in Houston/Galveston Bay area. Pls help!

Jun 22nd, 2009, 01:51 PM
Original Poster

Moving to Houston/Galveston Bay area of Texas. Any recommendations for a nice rental apt. that takes small dogs and is in a "walkable" safe area? Wouldn't mind being close to work (Johnson Space Center). One bedroom, price range below $1000.00/mo.
Jun 22nd, 2009, 06:07 PM

I live in Clear Lake right by Nasa. There are many apartments in this area that you could find to suit your needs. There are apartment locaters here that might be a good place to start looking. Here is one: www.rentalpropertyhouston.com. Also, Bay Area Park just opened a dog park so if you find an apartment close by you could always take your dog there. Good luck!
Jun 23rd, 2009, 05:12 AM

Definitely consider the Clear Lake area if you're going to be at JSC, unless you want to face some potentially large traffic problems (although if you lived in Houston itself, you'd be going against traffic for most of the way, but still very busy regardless). Lots of nice places in the area. As you probably know, the Houston/Galveston area is huge and sprawling (pop. 5.5 mil) so you probably don't want to face traffic is you don't have to.
Jul 14th, 2009, 08:03 AM

I had a friend that lived in some nice apartments. I don't remember the name, but they were on the road that bordered JSC on the East side. You couldn't really walk anywhere, but that's Houston in general. They did take dogs though...
Jul 22nd, 2009, 09:30 PM

I think you mean the ones located on Space Center right next to NASA. They do look nice. But, there are plenty of other nice apartment complexes in the area also.