Nice Apartment Location

Search

Nice Apartment Location

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice Apartment Location

Just starting to plan a trip to Nice next February or March and am looking at the apartments offered by Nice Pebbles. I'm looking specifically at their Lafayette and Pastroelli apartments, which are just a few blocks apart. Do you think rue Pastorelli is a good location, or is there something negative I need to know about that street?

Here are the links:

http://nicepebbles.com/nice-france-apartment/rentals/7/

http://nicepebbles.com/nice-france-a...t/rentals/124/

Thanks so much for any and all help you can offer.
Old Nov 6th, 2010, 04:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We stayed in the Pastorelli apartment with Nice Pebbles a few years ago, over Christmas for a week. We really liked the apartment, there was only my husband and me so we didn't need two bedrooms but it was nice to have the extra space. Everything in the apartment was good quality and very clean. It was well equipped, about the only thing we had trouble with was the microwave which we think was one that was sort of an oven as well. We struggled a bit to figure it out. Apart from that, the location was good, there was a small lift, views of the street from the windows, comfortable etc.

After our trip I did a vacation rental report on the SlowTrav website, as that's where I found out about Nice Pebbles - here is the link

http://www.slowtrav.com/france/vr/review.asp?n=3251

I don't recognise the building where the Lafayette apartment is but if it's in the same street it would be OK. I guess though you wouldn't want to be too far down the other end of the street, away from the main street where the tram runs. The street is mainly residential apartments with some small shops. There was a pizza and pasta place up on the next block where we ate a couple of times, it was like a friendly neighborhood place.

There is also an amazing shop, called Picard I think, which is in the same street. We'd never seen a shop like it, it only sells frozen food and everything looked great. We bought a couple of things there for dinner one night and ate in the Old Town as well, which isn't far away. We didn't have a car and didn't need one, everything is accessible by bus or train (and tram which we didn't use).

If you have other questions, I'm happy to help.

Kay
Old Nov 6th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Original Poster

I think the Lafayette apartment is a little closer to the main shopping area (to the west of Pastorelli apartment).

And yes, I do love Picard. Discovered it when I was in Paris a few years ago.

Thanks for your help.
Old Nov 6th, 2010, 07:35 PM

Maybe repost the topic title as "NICE, France: apt location" or "Apt location in Nice"

I read "Nice" as in "nice/gentle" wondering in what area or city you wanted the nice apartment.

Maybe that's just me, but it might be a way to get more responses from those who've been to Nice
Old Nov 7th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Original Poster

You're absolutely right. "Nice" the city v. "nice" the adjective sure make searches hard as well.