Need Napa/Sonoma/Calistoga Recommendation

Jan 16th, 2002, 03:41 PM
Jeremy

Need Napa/Sonoma/Calistoga Recommendation

Will be up that way for 3 days at the end of February and would love to hear your thoughts on places to stay. Any help is appreciated.

thanks,Jeremy

Jan 16th, 2002, 03:43 PM
Grasshopper

I love the Inn on the Plaza in Healdsburg. I also really like the Sonoma, Alexander Valley, Russian River, Dry Creek wineries best. If you want more of a B&B, consider Calderwood in Healdsburg. For a great dinner the Madrona Manor.

Have fun!

Jan 21st, 2002, 01:28 AM
Pat

The Calistoga Spa Hot Springs is my favorite place in the entire Napa Valey. Their rates are very reasonable. they have a variety of soaking/swimming pools as well as mud bath and massage facilities. Also there are at least ten excellent restaurants in this small town (basically 4 blocks long). You won't go wrong there. They have a web site but I don't know the URL.

Jan 21st, 2002, 04:36 AM
ET

We stayed at the Sonoma Mission Inn Resort and Spa....was absolutely wonderful and I would go back in a heartbeat...Silverado is another fabulous resort...We drove to Calistoga and enjoyed the Mud Baths....etc...We visited downtown Sonoma which is a must see....very quaint...great little restaurants and shops....Also we toured many of the winerys and loved doing that as well...My husband hand picked the ones we visited based on his own preferences....we went to the Culinary Institute and would go back in a heartbeat...the food was incredible.....There are lovely BB's and quaint little inns....I doubt you could go wrong with just a bit of research...it is a fabulous trip and you will wish you could stay forever...I did!

May 6th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Rebecca

This message is to the author ET - can you let me know where you went for the mud baths?

thanks

May 6th, 2002, 01:05 PM
Martha

I know this is an old post, but I couldn't disagree more strongly about the Sonoma Mission Inn. What a colossal disappointment, and talk about overpriced for what you get....this is the dictionary definition.
Rooms were unbelievably basic. Carpts with little or no padding. Cheap furniture. Cheesy fireplaces. Cheap linens and towels. Showers suited for a Travelodge.
Sure the grounds are beautiful.
But aside from that, this place was flat out mediocre. We asked to see TWO different price categories of rooms and would have simply left to go somewhere else had this been an option.
I wouldn't go back if it were free...very honestly.