Need Lake Dillon Colorado info

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry but reposting this as fogot to put it on Colorado board before. Help!!
Author: Reeder
Date: 08/04/2005, 06:38 pm
Last minute we are looking for a week to nine days at a condo right on Lake Dillon--all we need is a one bedroom. We definitely want a paatio with great view of the lake and a comfortable bed. Any rec's for that, restaurants nearby to tout, and while we will (hopefully) be relaxing. My husband will play golf and I will stare at the Lake--we might want to explore for a day or two. Thanks for any and all

Old Aug 4th, 2005, 06:29 PM

For accommodations try the follwing website: www.townofdillon.com

As far as activities are concerned, I'd suggest a trip into Breck or Copper Mt. There is excellent bus service between Dillon/Breck/Frisco and Copper. Breckinridge along with the usual plethora of T-shirt stores, actually has several interesting art galleries as well as some unique shops. There are also some good restaurants. Copper Mt. although smaller would also be a good place to visit.

The Swan Mt. Inn use to be a good place for dinner. But Breckinridge also has some good restaurants.

A trip over to Vail might be a possibility. Take the chairlift to the top ( you can actually do this at all of the ski resorts-Keystone, Copper, Breck).
Enjoy a concert. There is an excellent series of evening concerts and Vail also has afternoon concerts at the Vail Church. Sorry can't remember the name but locals can direct you.

If you are cyclists there is an excellent bike path that runs through Dillon-Breck- Keystone- Frisco-Copper and even into Vail.

Not knowing your interests it's hard to make suggestions as to activities. Hopefully this has helped somewhat.
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 06:34 PM

Love Dillion! take a peek at VRBO.com lots of private condo's...this one has an especially great view: http://www.vrbo.com/5839 even though its not a unit i have stayed in, we have stayed in one at this location. This one looks remodeled and very nice. This is one of my favorite views of the lake...great walking/biking paths right out the door here...Lots to do in the area...go to the Summit County website...
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 07:06 PM

If you want a special dinner, check out the Ski Tip Lodge in Keystone. Reservations are a must. If the weather is good, take your dessert on the patio and watch the beavers in the pond at work. The best in Summit County.
Old Aug 5th, 2005, 01:18 PM

While you're husband is golfing, be sure to walk over to the Arapahoe Cafe for breakfast. Eat on the patio. So pleasant, and really good food.
Old Aug 5th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

Disneynan--I foloowed up on your suggestion and hopefully have reservation in the works for Dillon--except couldn't get it for the entire time. Thanks to others for restaurant tips--always appreciated.
Thinking about staying first three nights at Grand Lake which was highly touted) Grand Lake Lodge recommended but they do not have room. Also recommended was Lemon Lodge --has no website-and for life of me cannot find their phone number.

Anyone have any special restaurant finds for Dilon? H
Old Aug 6th, 2005, 08:00 AM
MaureenB

It's spelled "Lemmon" with two m's.
http://www.lemmonlodge.com/

Try Grand Lake chamber of commerce, too. I know there's a nice collection of cabins at the end of main street, at the river, but I don't know its name. Not sure if it's Lemmon Lodge, but I don't think so.

If Grand Lake fails, you could stay in Winter Park. Try Destinations West there for nice condo rentals. Maybe ask them about Grand Lake, too. They handle a lot of upper-end properties.

Good luck!

Old Aug 6th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Original Poster

Oops I just posted another request and then I saw you had responded. Thanks so much
Old Aug 7th, 2005, 06:38 AM

We have gone to Lake Dillion for almost 16 summers, but have to say I can't recommend any great places to eat out, cuz with a condo rental, we usually "eat in". We have dined out but I don't remember "memorable". (NIC &Willies Pizza is great)The area has gotten very busy thru out the yrs, since we have been going, but its still one of our FAVORITE places. We do lots of hiking/biking/4wheel/stare at the lake...While you are there make sure you check out the amphitheatre for the free programs at night. We have attended so many wonderful shows there. Free music, nature nights with live wolves, or birds of prey, etc. Again, this is a fabulous area with Tons to do. Make sure you get a VISITORS guide to see whats going on./ Some summers, there are free chairlift rides to the top of Keystone (supposedly a fab restaurant up there)Copper Mtn nearby. Drive up to Loveland Pass for a picnic by Pass lake...I could go on & on! Have fun..
Old Aug 8th, 2005, 01:21 PM

There are 2 restaurants on Keystone mtn...both nice. One is Der Fondue Chessel (it's fondue with a really fun Om pah band)... and The Alpenglow Stube (fancier, more expensive, more variety)... Both are nice -and both are quite pricey. We go to each around once a year - usually during two for one specials. Other than to go to dinner - I don't think the gondola is free - but it is lovely on top.
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 06:26 AM

try http://denver.craigslist.org/vac/ for condos. Make sure you go to the Tiki Bar at Lake Dillon for lunch, it is my favorite lunch spot.

They have free concerts too on Saturday nights. lots of fun.

If your husband is playing at Keystone try Fritz Alpine Bistro, nice patio to hang out and people watch,