Reload this Page >

Need hotel and parking help- plan to visit Washington DC tomorrow

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I have been trying all day to find a hotel and parking that are within reasonable distance to Washington DC. My kids and I wanted to see the monuments in the area, so close proximity is great. I have looked at hotels in Fall Church, Manassis, Arlington, Virginia etc. Is it better from Baltimore?

Which area is closer, we are driving from Ohio and would like some info on whether staying at a hotel in Virginia is better on the other hand how would we get into the city, is there a subway from Virginia? Some hotels within the city charge for parking that is pretty expensive.

Thanks for your help.

Livelovelaugh
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 12:58 PM

Id check the Americana Hotel (www.americanahotel.com). Free parking and right on the Metro. Why did you wait till the last minute at the busiest time of year?
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 01:03 PM

If that doesn't work, go to googlemaps and search for Washington, DC. Then in "search nearby" type the word "hotels". All the little red dots that come up are hotels and you can move the map around to different areas. The map also shows subway stops, so you can hopefully find a hotel near a subway. For example, if you move the cursor toward Chevy Chase, you'll see a few hotels right near a metro station.

I think you'd have to stay pretty "far out" to get free parking.
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 01:09 PM

As soon as you find something, I would book it (careful with cancellation windows as you may not be able to cancel it being so close)
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 01:44 PM

If the Americana has room, go for it. As tchoiniere said, it has free parking and is an easy walk from the Crystal City metro station. Also free continental breakfast and wi-fi.

Lee Ann
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 06:44 PM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Did you say TOMORROW, as in 3/26?! I'm also curious as to why you tagged this for Ohio, but will leave it at that.

My daughter did an internship in DC last summer and lived in the Ballston area of Arlington. We stayed at a Holiday Inn on North Fairfax Dr., near Glebe, when we visited. Easy to get to from Ohio by car, with free parking. It's only about 3 blocks to the Ballston Metro station (Orange Line). Farther out than Crystal City, but still a quick ride to The Mall. Metro passes should be available.
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 06:51 PM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Sorry: Holiday Inn Arlington Ballston parking is no longer free.
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 12:32 AM

I have sent friends to the Holiday Inn at Rosslyn and they liked it. walked over to Georgetown and also has free parking. mediocre hotel but great views and excellent location. metro next door. it was an excellent solution for them.