Need help with Memorial Day trip ideas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2004, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DH and I have 2 $400 vouchers from Delta that must be used by mid September. We are already booked for Ireland in September and I have absolutely no time off from work to use for anything else. We would love suggestions for a trip over the 3 days of Memorial Day to a place that would not require renting a car. (We need to keep it as low cost as possible- did I mention we are going to Ireland? .) Our interests are varied. Flying out of XNA (Northwest Arkansas), do you have any recommendations? I just hate to waste those vouchers! Thanks!
Old Jun 26th, 2004, 09:52 AM

Um, did you possibly mean Labor Day weekend? Just wondering, since weather will make a difference in any suggestions people give.
Old Jun 26th, 2004, 09:57 AM

oops, accidentally hit send before finishing. Meant to add since you say the vouchers expire mid-September, did you mean Labor Day (as opposed to the Memorial Day that's already past )
Old Jun 26th, 2004, 10:18 AM
GoTravel

Key West, Charleston, NYC, Chicago, New Orleans, South Beach, and DC are places that do not require a car.

I would call the airlines and try and find out what cities are available.

Old Jun 26th, 2004, 10:21 AM

Just a suggestion. Holiday weekends are terrible times to go to resort areas. Consider a major city like Chicago, New York, Boston, or San Francisco. Everyone leaves town on Labor Day Weekend so you should be able to get good hotel rates and there should be seats available on the inbound flights.
Old Jun 26th, 2004, 10:21 AM

Since it's impossible for us to know what fares will be and since any holiday weekend will be difficult to book, I'd suggest you call Delta (or maybe check their website) and see what options you might have.

Are the vouchers transferrable? If yes, you might consider trying to sell them on ebay???
Old Jun 27th, 2004, 07:48 AM
Original Poster

What a senior moment! Yes, I did mean Labor Day, not Memorial Day. Thanks for the suggestions. They are transferable so Ebay is a great idea!