Search

Need help to travel

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help to travel

I'm looking for a vacation during thanksgiving week since that's my anniversary too but I don't wish to fly as I have just entered my second trimester. I am located in San Francisco Bay Area.I have around 10days off.Please suggest me where should I go & what should be my itinerary.

Thanks
Palak
Old Oct 31st, 2008, 03:12 AM

Well, what do you like to do? It's hard for us to give you an intinerary unless you give more information on what you are interested in and if you don't want to fly, how long of a car ride can you handle?

Will it be just two of you?

Where have you already been to?

Las Vegas is great, there is the wine country in CA, there is Arizona.

Think more about what you want, what you think you'd enjoy and reply back with info.

P.S. if your pregnancy is going fine, you CAN fly in your second trimester. Talk to your doctor.
Old Oct 31st, 2008, 06:36 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Drive the coast towards Los Angeles? Stay in Santa Cruz and/or Santa Barbara a few days each?
Old Oct 31st, 2008, 11:07 AM

You can find some driving ideas in the "destinations" part of Fodor's website.

http://www.fodors.com/world/north-am...san-francisco/
Old Oct 31st, 2008, 06:29 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your replies. Some more information

I have traveled along the PCH before. Been to Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara, Monterey all the way down to LA and San Diego. I've also been to Vegas a few times and to Arizona and Utah.

Wine Country is one option. Haven't been there yet though my husband has. We are also considering Portland and vicinity but I'm wondering if it will be too cold in those parts. Other option thinking of is Lake Tahoe but again that will be cold.

I guess i'm wondering what the other interesting options are given we've been to some of the 'usual' suspects already.

I can fly but I've been feeling queasy about doing it. We were about to book Hawaii and then decided against it. 4-5 hour drives from one destination to another is what I'm looking at.
Old Nov 1st, 2008, 07:20 AM

I always thought it was ok to fly until the third trimester but being a male what do I know. Portland will be cold and you have done highway 1 and Las Vegas. Personally I would revisit Hawaii as it is an easy flight.Another option from San Francisco is the Mother Lode country along highway 49. Beautiful scenery, historic towns and great wineries in El Dorado, Amador and Calaveras counties.
Old Nov 2nd, 2008, 06:43 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Driving SF to Portland at the end of November does not sound like a very fun "vacation" to me at all! Yuck (and I like the place) it will most likely be cold and dreary.

Can you find some kind of resort or spa near home and just pamper yourselves? It seems you've already been everywhere that fits your general description for this trip that we could suggest!

Are you sure you want to give up the idea of Hawaii? Won't you probably be feeling better by 2nd trimester?