Search

need a suggestion -

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2004, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need a suggestion -

Four middle-aged women (no, not lesbians) seeking suggestions for unforgettable location to celebrate turning the big five-oh!! First thought was Paris, but decided against that .. . any thoughts?
Old Feb 28th, 2004, 09:30 AM
GoTravel

Do NYC top of the line. Get a suite at the St. Regis. Get a limo from the airport. Drop a bundle at Barneys and Tiffany (or Cartier). Eat at the most wonderful restaurants. Spend an entire day at Elizabeth Arden. Have Kenneth do your hair. Arrange for a private trunk show at Saks. Take a helicopter tour of the city.

Old Feb 28th, 2004, 12:26 PM
weenie57

Go back to your Paris idea!

Old Feb 28th, 2004, 03:14 PM
OliveOyl

Second the Paris idea. What a fabulous way to celebrate 5-0! Why did you decide against it?

Old Feb 28th, 2004, 03:20 PM

My suggestion would be to use a more descriptive title for this thread.

Maybe you searched on some topics ("Paris", "middle-aged", .. etc) but everything you post goes into one big forum (U.S., in this case) so unless your "need a suggestion -" title piques someones curiosity, you'll not get many helpful replies. Good luck, but consider reposting ... (too bad the original poster can't change the title)
Old Feb 28th, 2004, 03:53 PM

I agree, Paris!
Old Feb 28th, 2004, 04:03 PM

Besides having a fairly useless title, you have also left out a lot of info that would help us help you . . . .

Where are you traveling from? What sort of Budget? How long a trip? When?

But w/o that info - Paris or London would be my choice. (And why that "lesbian" comment? It is totally irrelevant to finding a fun city to celebrate the big 5-0.)
Old Feb 28th, 2004, 04:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Too bad, " Lesbians in Paris", makes a great title.
Old Feb 28th, 2004, 04:24 PM
emd

Why Paris? Many other exotic cities in the world to choose from where 4 women could have wonderful and unforgetable experiences, and some 49 yr old women don't like Paris that much in comparison (ok, shoot me!) What do you want, what kind of experience are you looking for, any for how long, budget, etc? As other posters have noted, all that is essential info.
It's kind of funny you thought we would think you are maybe lesbians; who cares, maybe you are 4 almost age 50 women lesbians who are friends, or maybe you are straight w/kids, the point is you will be free together for awhile for such a special once in a lifetime event! This sounds FANTASTIC- I am getting inspired to do the same thing next yr.
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 03:11 PM
weenie57

logandog:

Thanks for the good laugh!

Old Feb 29th, 2004, 03:13 PM

I spent my big 5-0 in London last October. It was great. Of course, Paris would also have been wonderful. I think the major thing is, just do something that will be memorable and fun for the person whose birthday it is.
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 04:56 PM

When in Las Vegas last September, we passed a rather large (about 10) group of women, all dressed in the same screen print tee shirts they had specially made. They were celebrating the 50th of a friend, and they were sure having a great time together! Maybe Las Vegas would suit you all. Certainly it's a place you could walk around without a car, dress for dinner, go to the spa together, and sun by the pool! What else do women want...a weekend without men sounds good just about anywhere!! Enjoy yourself!

Happy travels!