Need a Riverwalk hotel for Mom & teen

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2004, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My daughter and I will travel to San Antonio for three days in mid-October. We'll probably have a full day at Seaworld and the other day and a half we'll spend exploring the Alamo, the Riverwalk, and other downtown sites. I'm a little confused about the Riverwalk hotels. Some of them seem to be called 'Riverwalk' but they're a block or two off the Riverwalk. I'd like recommendations for well located hotels that are directly on the Riverwalk that also have a decent pool. I know there's tons to do, but you know those kids always want a pool to relax in. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

H
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 01:29 PM
dcespedes

Hi phieaglefan--the Marriott River Center, located on the river walk, has an indoor pool and is attached to River Center Mall. The Marriott River Walk, also located on the river and across the street from MRC, has an indoor and outdoor pool. I don't know of other hotels downtown that have a pool but perhaps someone else will. Hope this helps

Old Aug 30th, 2004, 01:32 PM
dcespedes

Riverwalk should be one word

Old Aug 30th, 2004, 01:48 PM

Hampton Inn is almost next door to the Alamo, but for a surprisingly few dollars more, the Hilton had an outdoor rooftop pool with drink service available this summer. We had a nice room with a balcony overlooking the Riverwalk so we could peoplewatch the tourist boats, etc. Parking was a killer, I think $20 a day.
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 04:15 PM

Great Hotels on Travel Channel just did show on a hotel on the Riverwalk.

Was called The Mansion, something like that. Try a google search. Looked like a nice place and overlooked the Riverwalk. Might be expensive though.
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 04:16 PM

Drury Riverwalk has rooftop pool. Staying 9/2-9/6 and will let you know.
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 05:05 PM

We just spent the weekend at the Marriott, which was nice enough and they upgraded us for free, great location. But boy, our room stunk of cigarettes and was filthy. I kept noticing things in the carpet.
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 06:01 PM

One more thing: During the Final Four we found a room at the Mansion Del Rio, and I loved it. Had a central location and great views and a small pool and very nice concierge. We had a chance to get a room with a balcony overlooking the river but passed due to noise, but normally I would think this would be a lot of fun.
Old Aug 31st, 2004, 07:49 PM

We just got back from our visit to San Antonio and we stayed at Amerisuites Riverwalk. Free breakfast each morning, free parking, nice pool, very clean hotel, rooms have a kitchentte, all for $89 a night. It's on the riverwalk and about a 5 to 10 minute walk to all the main riverwalk action. We liked it that way.
Old Sep 6th, 2004, 06:49 PM

Drury nice, great free breakfast. Very congenial help. Check taxes etc., on hotel rates. Taxi fare to airport around $20, tip extra. Pool and hot tub not the best.
Old Sep 7th, 2004, 01:28 PM

The Menger - hands down!! Next door to the Alamo and Rivercenter Mall and across the street from the Riverwalk. Food is delicious and the hotel has a lot of history.