Need a GREAT Maui Travel Agent, please?

Jan 20th, 2018, 10:17 AM
Original Poster

Need a GREAT Maui Travel Agent, please?

Grandma & grandpa (me), want to take our two grown daughters, their husbands and our six grandchildren to Maui for ten days around Thanksgiving. We want THREE, luxury condos, (we want to be under separate roofs) on or near the beach and airfare form LAX to OGG. We need somebody who knows what they are doing. We are not filthy rich, but want a luxury experience, without needlessly throwing money away. Hoping to do this for $30K or so. Any referrals and/or advice would be most appreciated, thank you.
Jan 21st, 2018, 07:43 AM

DW and I are going to Maui in May (our first time). Our DD and SIL will be there at the same time about 2 miles away but still in Kehei. Our condo is not as lux as theirs but fits our budget. If you want to get up early in the morning for a sunrise at Haleakala, take the bus up instead of getting a reservation to drive up in your rental car. This is our DD and SIL's third trip to Maui, so they must like it.
With this much time to plan, you shouldn't have to spend big bucks on a travel agent.
Jan 25th, 2018, 04:50 AM

An a'la carte plan will suit your needs better. A travel agent will only want to shoehorn you into a pre-formed package that fits their process. I worked in an agency for a number of years - most of our travel agents never left the town where they worked an lived. They were really good at putting people into packages that were one size fits all. If you can't book your flights separately, get an agent to do that and then choose from the myriad of housing options available at your fingertips. Expect Thanksgiving to be very busy as all Hawaii is tracking for high visitor numbers this year. If you spend avg of $800 per airfare, and budget $5000 for meals (adds up fast with 12 people), that gives you around $450 - $500 night for lodging per unit. Spends close to your whole budget but you should be able to get nice properties for this.

If it was me, I'd look someplace like this and book direct. https://www.mauibeachfront.com/

Search this Thread