Reload this Page >

Need a Calistoga heavy mud bath suggestion

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 04:27 PM
Chad

I'm looking to do a mud bath in Calistoga. Does anyone have any suggestions on a clean, sanitary place to go?

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 07:10 PM
Debbie

Hi Chad--try the Lincoln Avenue Spa in Calistoga on the main street--pure heaven!

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 07:37 AM
Sioux

I also like Dr. Wilkenson's spa. It's one of the original places in Calistoga and has a lot of history!

All the spas are clean and well-staffed... California health codes are quite strict. I don;t think you can go wrong with any of the places.

Also, for a real treat, there's a glider port (sail planes) right on the main street of Calistoga. They will take one or two passengers aloft for a stunning, silent flight over the valley and the vineyards. I promise you'll never forget how beautiful it is!

Enjoy!

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 08:26 PM
casta

I vote for Dr. Wilkinson's!

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 06:14 PM
betty

If I were you, I'd stay out of that gross mud! Think about it, and I'm not trying to be funny -- the idea of the mud is supposed to be a relaxing experience, and also it draws the toxins out of one's body, but I sure don't want to be the one to get into the mud after it's drawn out toxins from another persons' infected body just before I get into the mud bath.
It's my understanding that you do not get your very own special mud, but that
you bathe in the same mud that others have before you. I refuse to take a Calistoga mud bath. I've been do Dr. Wilkenson's before. It's an okay place, but I just refused to do the mud thing since my uncle did the mud thing, and then was stricken with some strange neurological disease within weeks of the mud bath, and then ultimately died.
Maybe it was a coincidence, but a lot of the family speculated about that dirty mud, which is a breeding ground for bacteria especially since it's hot. Bacteria proliferate in heat. so, although you did not wish my advice on this particular subject I'm giving it anyway. If you do choose to go through with it, well, enjoy your mud bath anyway.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 07:20 PM
mamma

I agree. I'd love a mun bath, and all the treatment, but I really worry about where and who with that mud has been........doesn't seem safe to me no matter what the gov't sayss.