Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Mosquitos in December at Walt Disney World?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 09:54 AM
Janis

We will be in Orlando this December, our first time in Florida, and was wondering if mosquitos are a problem and/or should we bring bug spray? Thanks to all who answer this.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 10:02 AM
jokester

it never hurts to bring a little 'off' just in case. you might want to bring a large glue trap too. i hear there's a mighty big mouse running around there.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 10:30 AM
Surfer Dude

I think all the mosquitoes will be eaten by the sharks!!!

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 10:58 AM
Thor

It's a shame that someone can ask a serious question and only get answers from boobs like you 2. Grow up and get a life.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 11:04 AM
jokester

hey thor, loosen up your coat of armour down there. "it never hurts to bring a little "off", just in case" is some good advice.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 11:20 AM
Surfer Dude

Thor, you are quite the original thinker:
"Get a life." That's the mantra of Fodorites, isn't it? Can't you guys be just a tad more original?!?

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 11:40 AM
tannya

You won't have mosquito trouble in Orlando in December. Hope you have a great time!!

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 11:48 AM
BZZZZZZ

Thor:
You consider are there mosquitos in WDW in December a serious question?
Pack the juice, Janis, and use it if you have to; I don't think it will take up much suitcase space. Would this honestly deter you from going?

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 12:19 PM
Linda

BZZZZZZ, maybe it wouldn't deter Janice, but it would me. I'm HIGHLY sensitive to mosquito bites. Won't go anywhere if there are a lot of mosquitoes because of the physical pain they cause me, and it is pain, not just an itch with a little swelling. And, no, this isn't a troll. Just please realize that some people have physical conditions that govern when or where they go in this world. And maybe Janis is one of them--or maybe she just doesn't like itching while she's trying to have fun.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 12:32 PM
Janis

Thanks for your reply Linda. My question was meant as a serious one cause I do have a condition that warrants me asking these types of questions. It's a shame that I can't present a serious question and get a serious answer. Jokester and all who made fun of my question, you really should be ashamed of yourselfs.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 12:43 PM
BZZZZZZ

Mea culpa, Janis. How do you go ANYWHERE south of the Mason-Dixon line?

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 01:01 PM
jokester

no offense, but since when is "it never hurts to bring a little "off" just in case" not a serious answer?

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 01:07 PM
curious

Sounds like a serious answer to me jokester, some people just have nothing better to do than jump all over someone who tries to add a little humor to an otherwise dry response. Just so you know your response wasn't wasted, I laughed.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 01:24 PM
Whatever

Jokester, you dared to include the mouse-trap line!!!! (Which I thought quite amusing, by the way.) Everbody take a yoga or meditation class, will ya? Damn, learn to laugh at yourself once in a while.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 01:46 PM
jokester

it was a harmless comment with no malice attached. i guess you can't please everybody.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 07:31 PM
ellen

I'd be more concerned about bringing a coat than bug spray.