Search

near McCovey Park in Park San Fran

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2008, 02:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
near McCovey Park in Park San Fran

Hello!
Can someone please provide hotel suggestions near McCovey Park in San Francisco? It does not need to be extravagent only clean and safe.
It will be for my twin 23 year old daughters that will be attending the Icerair Event.
Thanks!
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 02:53 PM
dmlove

I assume you mean AT&T Park (where there is a McCovey "Cove" among other attractions)?

Is this a daytime event (in which case they can stay anywhere - Fisherman's Wharf, downtown, Union Square, Moscone Center)?

There are no hotels very close by. But public transportation is easy -- there's a trolley line that stops right out front. If they do take the trolley, they could get off right at the Vitale (probably too expensive/high-end), Hyatt Regency, and Orchard hotels. There's a Marriott Courtyard not too far, but walking there would be more deserted at night (they could take a taxi, though). Actually, other than the hotels I mentioned, they'll likely want to take a cab anywhere at night unless there's a huge crowd all walking in the same direction. Walking from the park to Union Square or Moscone Center area is fine during the day, but not so fine at night as it is not through the best of neighborhoods, plus it will be fairly desolate.

Give us more of an idea of the budget, and whether this is daytime or nighttime, and we can try to help. Also, when is the event?

Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 06:49 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for replying dmlove. I'll try to answer your questions the best i can.
Your assumption is right. This event is being held at McCovey Cove.

The event is in mid october on a saturday and runs from noon to 8:30 PM.
There is a party Fri evening at the aquarium at the Bay and another party Sat evening after the event at the regency Center (intersection of van ness & sutter).
THey will be in San Fran from Thursday afternoon through Mon AM so maybe another area would be better and they could taxi to the event and evening parties. Wait, actually, they will have access to a car while they are there.
Budget is a concern for them so a clean safe hotel is the only requirement. They don't need anything fancy for this trip.
Thanks for your help!
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:21 AM
dmlove

milkeway, do they actually have a budget in mind - it might help others who know the hotels better than I do (since I live here, I don't stay in hotels here!). But, I will add that the events are all over the place, so they'll need to be driving/cab-ing/taking public transportation anyway. Will they have to park the car they have access to? That's an issue, because parking in San Francisco (at parking lots/garages) is very expensive.

Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

If they could get a clean safe hotel for $125 p/ night that would probably be good. I'm not sure if thats possible in san fran though.
They can keep the car with them and park at the hotel or they could keep the car at an aquaintances house in San Mateo and use public transport in and around.
One of them lives in NYC so she is very accustomed to public transport. What would be a "cool" area of San Fran for them to be in then?
Thanks again!