NC or SC seacoast resorts

Old Aug 19th, 1997, 09:34 PM
Joni Kotche

NC or SC seacoast resorts

I'm planning next year's vacation. 2 adults, three children (10,12,14) would like to veg out on a Carolina coast for several days next summer. Any suggestions?

Old Aug 20th, 1997, 05:11 AM
Emarald

We've taken the kids to Myrtle Beach, SC a few times, and they loved it. It is very touristy and crowded, but if you stay in a condo in North Myrtle Beach it's usually less crowded and a little more relaxing. There’s plenty to do during the day and at night so the kids would never get bored. If you were traveling without the kids, I'd say Hilton Head would be ideal. But the Carolina's have some beautiful beaches, and it's a great area to go with kids. If you call the Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce they'll send you a huge catalog with all the hotels, condos, house rentals, places of interest, etc.

Have Fun....

Old Aug 31st, 1997, 03:13 PM
Perry Miller

Coastal South Carolina and North Carolina areas are crammed with beachfront properties. If you're looking for touristy beach attractions and entertainment, amusements, shows, putt-putt golf, etc., then the Myrtle Beach area is for you. If you want a more sedate, sports-oriented experience (golf, tennis, ocean), a North Carolina beach like Sunset Beach is more private and attractive. I've done both with my family. All areas have extensive golf courses and seafood restaurants. Some resorts have daily activities for children/youth with their pools, hikes, nature walks, dolphin watching, etc. It may all depend on how much you want to pay. More expensive for resort experiences, oceanfront condos, etc. Less expensive for in-land, "find your own fun," vacation.

Old Sep 2nd, 1997, 07:17 AM
fred beaudry

we live in new jersey and still drive 400 miles to go
the Outer Banks of n.c. Rent a great 4 bedroom house
with ac and all other conveniences for about $750
a week .The beach, fishing restaurants and sightseeing are won
dreful. my wife likes the shopping. We rent thru
WPM REALTY in kill Devil Hills, N C . Look them
up they have a E Mail address.get a catalog.

Old Sep 2nd, 1997, 08:59 AM
Bobbie Marshall

I'm from the Carolinas originally. Yes, Myrtle Beach is great but very touristy. Alot of good rental houses north. My brother's family goes to Holden Beach, N.C. every summer and goes into North Myrtle for amusements. Good Luck. P.S: Learn how to shag.

Old Sep 2nd, 1997, 05:35 PM
dan

If veging out is your priority N.C. is your best bet. We stay in the north end near corolla every year and it is truly relaxing. We use B&B(919-453-3000) to find our rental house. Some of their homes are too big for five people but it will give you an idea of how nice the area is. call and get their catalog.

Old Sep 3rd, 1997, 04:33 AM
Dee

We've been to Hilton Head twice with girls 8&11. Still their favorite place to go. Bike trails go everywhere, there's mini golf, horseback riding, and terrific resturants. But mine love the beach. So that's all I really need for them to be happy! Have a great vacation.

Old Sep 4th, 1997, 07:17 AM
Bob

Try Fripp Island. It's a little private resort island just down from Beaufort SC. Has everything from big houses to little condos for rent, quite a few of which are right on the Atlantic. Also has great trails and two nice golf courses that are relatively cheap compared to a Hilton Head. Very private and not very crowded because it is small. It's about an hour 15 out of Charleston. Also the site where most of the war scenes from Forest Gump were filmed, the house they lived in is in Beaufort. Great History down there. There are Fripp Island sites on the Internet.