Search

Nawlin's Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 12:53 PM
JayS

Nawlin's Hotels

I got a good deal on the Pontchartrain this weekend. Has anyone got some comments about it. I usually stay at the marriott or le merdien on Canal. I guess with a streetcar pass it will be ok. I'll eat lunch then dinner and then lunch again at the Palace Cafe. LOL
Any Pontchartrain fans?
Jay

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 02:18 PM
susan

This time of year you can probably get a great deal almost anyplace in NO!! I haven't stayed at the Pontchartrain but I've heard locals say that it's a grand old lady whose time has passed. Some of the rooms are tiny and don't have bathtubs. I think if I were you I'd look for a good deal somewhere else.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 05:11 PM
JayS

Thanks, but I've got it booked through priceline. I'll keep my 14 year old boys down on the river @ riverwalk all day Saturday so we'll only be at the hotel at night for sleeping. Priceline ranks it at 4 stars so we shall see.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 06:26 PM
susan

Okay, I'm confused. Why did you post the question if you've already booked the hotel? According to my information the Pontchartrain isn't very good any more, and I said as much. Apparently you only wanted positive information, is that correct?

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 06:32 PM
robert

I'll agree with Susan. This is an old hotel and not very good. It's definitely not a 4 star hotel by any standards...2 or 3 stars at most.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 04:51 AM
Daniel

We checked in last week and checked out after 2 hours. Old tired room, crabby service, etc. My parents stayed there in the 1970s and is was the classiest hotel in town. Not so anymore. Priceline does a disservice if they consider this a 4 star!

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 07:49 AM
noway

Check out the rants and raves section of Fodors for information on this hotel. It got nearly the worst reviews of any hotel in town.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 08:59 AM
jays

Susan---I'm sorry for the confusion. I should have written "I got(past tense)" a good deal.
Daniel, noway and Robert---Thank you for your info I will begin the cancellation process today and eat the 10 buck service fee.
JayS

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 09:07 AM
JayS

Whoops--I'm hung with it. I forgot I was with priceline instead of Hoteldiscounts therefore I'll go and stay and then see for myself. Ugh no refunds with Priceline....If it is only 2 to 3 stars level, Priceline will certainly hear from me.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 09:38 AM
Bev

It's not my first choice, definitely, but if you got a good deal ($50 or so) I wouldn't worry about it at all.