nationals spring training

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My son and I are flying into FLL, going to the Crowne Plaza on Singer Island late on March 11, and then to a game in jupiter on the 12th and in melbourne on the 13th, then back to DC on the 14th. We already have tickets. Anybody know how early to arrive for the games, or if driving or parking at the games is tough, or other stuff I should know? Recommendations in palm beach to eat? Will the nationals win the world series?
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Original Poster

Any suggestions from recent palm beach or singer island visitors?
Old Mar 17th, 2005, 05:11 AM
Original Poster

Well, here's my trip report. My 14 year old son and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 3 nights. We saw the Nationals play the Marlins in Jupiter and the Orioles in Viera. It's a long drive from Palm Beach to Viera. In case anyone else wonders what I wondered, your kid will want to get to the games a couple hours early to watch warmups and get signatures. Parking that early is not a problem. Re the hotel, the first night we stayed on the 3rd floor on the south side. Looked out over the pool and a construction site. With the window open the sound from the kitchen fan was very loud. The next day we moved to the north side. Much better. Closer to the ocean, nice view. Slept with the window open and listened to the waves. The beach is very pretty, nice shells, soft sand. Down the street about a mile is the John Macarthur State Park, a very nice nature preserve with a long boardwalk over the water to the beach, with a nature center, kayak rentals, and hiking trails. Singer Island is changing fast from low rise to high rise. But it's not south beach. You need to drive to dinner. We went to City Place in West Palm Beach, about a 20 minute drive. City Place is one of these creations where large parts of an old city are torn down and rebuilt to look like an old city. Restoration Hardware, GAP, Old Navy, Pottery Barn. Fountains. Cheesecake Factory. It's not authentic, but it's entertaining. Like Universal Orlando without the rides. Probably the Nationals won't win the world series.
Old Mar 17th, 2005, 06:41 AM

I don't want you to feel like you are talking to yourself!!

Wouldn't it be great if they DID win the World Series?!

Go Nats!!
Old Mar 17th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! I feel better already.
Old Mar 17th, 2005, 10:40 AM

I'm curious, can you tell the political affiliation of someone in Washington based on which National's cap they're wearing?

I'm thinking some people just couldn't bear to wear a "W" cap over the "DC" cap.

Enjoy this year!
Old Mar 17th, 2005, 11:06 AM

Thanks for the report--we have tix to see the Nationals in DC during April!