National Parks

Mar 31st, 2006, 02:26 AM
Original Poster

National Parks

Hello again, I've already all the plans for my trip, with your help, here is the itinerary, and I need once more your opinion.
1st day - lisbon Las Vegas
2 day - Las Vegas
3 day - Las Vegas - Grand Canyon passing through Route 66
4 day - Grand Canyon
5 day - Grand Canyon - Lake Powell
6 day - Lake Powell - Bryce
7 day - Bryce
8 day- Bryce - Zion
9 day - Zion
10 day - Zion - Las Vegas
11 day - Las Vegas - Lisbon
What do you think about it? In Las Vegas we are going to stay in Falmingo Hotel, in GC at the Bright Angel Lodge.
I really need your help, because it's our first time in this part of USA.
Thank you once more
Belica
Mar 31st, 2006, 03:08 AM

I'd say your itinerary looks perfect. I have recently returnrd from a similar trip and we stayed the same number of nights in each place as you (except only 1 night in Bryce).

Our overall trip was longer so we went to some other places as well but I don't think you'd want to add anything else in. You'll have a great time. It's an incredible part of the US.
Mar 31st, 2006, 03:20 AM

We have stayed at both Flamingo and Bright Angel on a very similar trip - you should enjoy both. Have a great trip.
Mar 31st, 2006, 03:22 AM

If you want to add an additional great place it would be Monument valley. You could go from Grand canyon to Mon.Valley and then the next day go direct to Bryce by way of Lake Powell.If you're not planning a boat excursion on Lake Powell there's really not much to do there.Greetings from Belgium.Paul
Mar 31st, 2006, 10:30 AM

You're plan looks very good, you have done your homework!

Adding Monument Valley is an option but that will mean 165 more miles and you will already be driving a little over 800 miles as it is.

There is plenty to do at Lake Powell, but with only two half days you really won't be able to do the all day boat tour on Lake Powell to Rainbow Bridge National Monument. There are other shorter boat tours on Lake Powell, there is a half day float trip on the Colorado River, there are the Upper & Lower Antelope Slot Canyons (land) tour, there is the 3/4 mile (one way) hike to Horseshoe Bend, there is the Glen Canyon dam that has a tour of the dam. You can swim in the lake or rent boats and other water crafts. I just don't understand why people are always saying there's nothing to do at Lake Powell.

If you are really interested in Old Route 66 there is a really good museum in Kingman, AZ.

Utahtea