Nashville, Tennessee

Old Jan 31st, 2019, 09:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nashville, Tennessee

My wife and I are travelling from Canada to Florida. We are planning on spending a couple of days in Nashville, Tennessee. As we've never been there before can anyone give us the help of their experience with hotels and eateries. At first glance the hotels seem to be priced very high in the downtown area. Can anyone recommend places to stay that won't break the bank in Nashville ?
We would also very much appreciate any recommendation for the Nashville food scene, places we must try while we're there ...

Looking forward to hearing your experience,

Pete
P.S. I'm not sure what happened with this original post but it appears that it was posted under Europe heading and not United States. My apologises ...
Old Feb 1st, 2019, 08:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hotels near Opryland are less expensive and usually include parking, there is a "Music City Shuttle" that runs back and forth to downtown and is 5 bucks a pop. Hampton Inn Opryland is nice, or the Fairfield Inn. Both include breakfast and I think offer auto club discounts if you're CAA members.
Old Feb 5th, 2019, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was in Nashville in the fall. We stayed at a hotel by the airport because they were all pretty cheap. We got ours on Booking.com. Was not at all hard to get into town on an Uber.

Clark's ideas sound best with the shuttle. But for one other alternative if they don't work out: When I left the Parthenon, I noticed some hotels in the Midtown area. They are also near Vanderbilt University. Unless it is the school graduation, they might be a better price. I think the key is, if you want to go down to the area with all the music and bars, take an uber or shuttle. I can't fathom parking in that area.

We tried Hattie B's, which is a Nashville tradition. Hot chicken--the heat is in the breading. The original was also near the Parthenon and waits can be really long. I found afterward there were other branches of Hattie B's with less wait times.