Search

Nashville Advice

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nashville Advice

Have one afternoon for either Country Music Hall of Fame with the Studio B Tour, or Grand Ole Opry Tour or Ryman Hall Tour. Would like to know which one you would recommend.
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 01:10 PM

I have done all three of these at one time or another--it's hard to choose! The Ryman and the Country Music Hall of Fame are very close to one another so you could possibly do both.

The GOO and the Ryman tours are both about an hour so they would not take an entire afternoon, although just getting to the GOO from downtown will mean a bit of a drive.

The CMHF is probably the place where you could spend the most time to fill the afternoon, and I definitely recommend the Studio B Tour--very interesting and particularly appealing if you are a music fan who is not necessarily a country music fan.
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Original Poster

Thank you! Have you been to The Fontanel? Would that be worth spending some time touring?
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 04:55 PM

Since 2005 I have been to Nashville multiple times...the most recent visit was May 2011 and you stumped me with that! I have never heard of it so I Googled it because I was curious. Having never been there, I can't say if it would be worth it or not--maybe someone who has been can weigh in.

I toured Cheekwood on my last trip and thought it was lovely--it helped that the weather that day was spectacular, but it is a beautiful spot and well worth a visit, but it took some doing to find it.

DD and I also toured Belle Meade and enjoyed that as well. Hope that helps!
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 10:27 AM

Just got back from Nashville after spending Labor Day weekend there. I have not done the Studio Tour but would pick the CMHOF. Lots to see there - I've gone 2 or 3 times and still see something new each time. (My husband works in Nashville about once a month so I join him about every 3 months or so). We did get out to Fontenal this time and had planned on touring the home. This of course is the former home of Barbara Mandrell and is now owned by some music executives. We decided to first have lunch at the restaurant there - Cafe Fontanella. EXECELLENT - both food and service! After lunch as I was waiting for my husband I asked the hostess about the tour. She said it's a beautiful 27,000 square foot log home that you tour. Long story short we changed our mind on spending the $50 it would cost to tour it. We've seen log homes so wasn't real high on our list. But definitely eat at the restaurant if you go!