Nashville 4 Night Getaway

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2023, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Fodorites, We are planning a 'ladies' getaway to Nashville in April for 4 nights. We are a group of 7 longtime friends. Would love to hear any tips of places to see or restaurant recommendations. I assume we'll go to Grand Ole Opry and Ryme Auditorium though we haven't booked any tickets yet. Any other suggested places to hear live music? Would welcome any suggestions. Many thanks.
Old Jan 25th, 2023, 06:57 AM

Located just south of Nashville, Franklin, Tenn. has a beautiful 16-block historic district, listed on the National Register of Historic Places and recognized nationally as a Great American Main Street. Centered by the town square and surrounded by lovely Victorian architecture, this vibrant Main Street offers more than history. Enjoy unique shops, restaurants, antiques stores, entertainment, the arts and more. Franklin’s attractions include Carnton Plantation, Carter House and Lotz House.

Old Jan 25th, 2023, 10:18 AM

Honky-tonk Row is on Lower Broadway. This is where you can hear some live Country music. A guy on a defuct travel forum posted the following:

The "cool" neighborhoods include East Nashville (restored houses), which is actually N of the downtown, Germantown which is NW of downtown, Waverly (the Bluebird is nearby), Hillsboro, and Belmont, which are more or less W of Vanderbilt University. Sylvan Park is on the other side of Vanderbilt near Centennial Park.

There also are interesting parts of downtown--near the river and along the Cumberland River. Most of these areas are primarily residential, although you'll find a few bars and restaurants in all of them.

Downtown has a number of bars near the Ryman Auditorium (original Grand Old Opry)…The current Opry has a Hall of Fame and performances. There are a few venues like the Bluebird and places downtown, but basically you need to go further afield to hear a lot of country music.
Old Jan 25th, 2023, 10:43 AM

Here's my Nashville trip report for possible ideas:
Chasing Sargent in Nashville
(There was a shuttle stop right at the hotel.)

Looking forward to your report!
​​​​​
Old Jan 26th, 2023, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much Prairie Hiker and TDudette!
Old Jan 30th, 2023, 07:08 AM
Original Poster

We won't be renting a vehicle so I'm guessing we'd need to book a tour to Franklin. I see Grayline has tours. Does anyone have any experience with them?
Old Feb 2nd, 2023, 05:47 PM
Original Poster

Does anyone have any information on getting reservations at the Bluebird Cafe? I understand chances of getting a reservation are slim. I've looked at their calendar for April but so far nothing is listed. We arrive at our vacation rental on a Sunday. Assuming we were able to get reservations would this be a good night to go or would we be better trying for a weeknight? With 7 in our group just trying to come up with a rough itinerary. So far we've got tickets to the Grand Ole Opry on Tuesday night. Any ideas or thoughts would be most appreciated.
Old Feb 6th, 2023, 04:57 PM

If your hotel has concierge service, that might be a good way to get Cafe reservations (as far in advance as poss). No help w the Franklin bus, sorry.
Old Feb 9th, 2023, 05:59 AM
Original Poster

Thanks TDudette. We've rented a house through VRBO so won't have access to a concierge but the owner has made helpful suggestions.
Old Feb 19th, 2023, 08:06 AM
LNE

I'm assuming you are using ride shares since you are not renting a car. Franklin is only about 25 minutes from downtown Nashville, so it's doable to take an Uber. Downtown Franklin is like a hallmark town and I recommend it to everyone visiting Nashville.

Some restaurant recommendations:
1. Hattie B's - you have to try some hot chicken while you're in Nashville!
2. Five Points Pizza - excellent NY style pizza
3. Little Hats Market - small Italian market in Germantown that has amazing Italian sandwiches
4. Frothy Monkey - great coffee and breakfast
5. Oak Steakhouse - my favorite steakhouse in Nashville! They also have a bar if you don't want to have a full meal
6. Edley's, Martin's, or Jack's BBQ
7. Assembly Food Hall - great place to try some of Nashville's well-known restaurants and everyone can find something they like!
8. Hawker's Asian Street Food
9. Ladybird Taco
10. Puckett's - usually has live music in the evenings (check if they have a cover charge)

If you all are country music fans, the Country Music Hall of Fame is great. 12 South has a lot of cute boutiques and restaurants (Reese Witherspoon's clothing store is there), Goo Goo chocolate (you can design your own candy bar). Nashville is not a very walkable city, so if you do decide to rent a car, drive to Leiper's Fork which has a tiny town and pretty countryside - a lot of celebrities live here. Or visit Arrington Vineyards!
Old Feb 20th, 2023, 07:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much LNE