Naples - Internet cafes?

Search

Naples - Internet cafes?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2005, 02:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Naples - Internet cafes?

Heading for Naples in a couple of weeks from the UK. We are renting a house and there is no internet access set up. My teenagers are anxious to keep in touch with friends at home and one in particular is awaiting exam results. Is anyone aware of any internet cafes in Naples or anywhere there might be public internet access?
Old Jul 30th, 2005, 05:34 AM
stjohnbound

I'm sure there's an internet cafe or two in Naples. Patrick will probably answer that one for you. But, local libraries usually have internet service. Also, if you're staying for a few weeks and can bring your own laptop you can always get temporary dial-up service at the house. We used AOL for a few months while staying at a condo and it was easy to set up and free because we had received a free disc in the mail.

Old Jul 30th, 2005, 07:46 AM

We didn't se emany internet cafes in Naples..but we did see many small shops that offered internet access ...paying for the ime you are online.
Old Jul 30th, 2005, 09:25 AM

I am not aware of any current internet cafes in Naples -- a couple have come and gone. There is free internet at the library -- but you have to stand in line and wait to use it.
Kinko's is a possibility, but there is a charge and it isn't very cheap.

Old Jul 30th, 2005, 10:06 AM
LN

If the house you are renting has a telephone for your use then you can get internet access.

When you arrive in Naples stop at the local grocery store or drug store and pick up a copy of AOL. It's free and generally at the checkout counter. Follow directions for loading to your laptop and you'll be internet ready!
Old Jul 30th, 2005, 10:43 AM

If you have cable TV and if you have a laptop, you could get high-speed cable internet. I don't know about the Naples area but in the Tampa-St. Pete area you can get cable internet installed FREE and only pay for the days you use. But you will need to either have the owners arrange this (as the cable is in their name, same as the phone) and you will have to physically take the modem back to the cable company when you leave. So lots of cooperation needed from the owner.
Old Jul 30th, 2005, 10:44 AM

FYI, the cable internet charge here is $38/month.
Old Jul 30th, 2005, 10:52 AM

Of course if you have a laptop you could use Borders or Barnes and Noble wi-fi if you set up an account.
Old Jul 31st, 2005, 05:10 PM

We were just in Naples last month, and if I'm not mistaken, I saw a sign for wi-fi access in the seating area on Third Avenue South, just up the street from Tommy Bahama's (the area where the musicians are during Thursdays on Third). Maybe Patrick or one of the locals can double check me on that, but if I'm right and if you have your own laptop, then you would be set for internet access.