Reload this Page >

Flight Schedule changes in Hawaii

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2007, 03:11 PM
sistahlou

Well my carryon bag is packed and we are heading out to our trip to Molokai and Lanai. I first booked this trip because there was a really great airfare sale.

Since then, my IslandAir flight has changed, leaving us grounded at Honolulu for 3 1/2 hours.

Then my Island Air flights changed from Molokai to Lanai, leaving us grounded in Honolulu and additional 1 1/2 hours mid day.

Well folks, that's not all. Now our Delta flight leaving is 1 1/2 hours earlier, so we had to change our Island Air flight from Lanai to Honolulu for 2 1/2 hours earlier. So we are basicly spending a day of layovers in Honolulu airport.

Yes I am still stoked to have the priveledge of visiting the islands, but arriving during daylight and leaving after a wonderful lunch in Lanai were part of the big picture. Alas, things change.

Just want you to be aware. This has never happened to us on any of our past trips to the islands. And for 3 major time changes to happen is extraordinary.

Malama Pono
gyppie

Old Jan 8th, 2007, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aloha sistahou! I am so sorry that your flights got changed, how annoying. But have a wonderful time in Hawaii which I consider the jewel of the US. Have a MaiTai for me!!
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 04:20 PM

Don't you hate it when they do this? Unfortunately, Island air is getting beat in the fare war and cancelling a bunch of their flights.

When will you be here in Honolulu?
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 04:28 PM
sistahlou

Aloha Icuy! IslandAir is doing the best they can and we are doing a very nontourist route. We arrive in Honolulu at 2:20 tomorrow the 9th! Not enough time to hire a car for a tour. Just a long layover! Good new is I have 50 minutes to WikiWiki to Island Air and try to get the one seat left on an earlier flight. Worth a shot! I can pick up the car and provision up while mrlou looks at gorgeous travellers.

Always look on the brite side of life!!!!

Old Jan 8th, 2007, 04:29 PM
sistahlou

Aloha LoveItaly!!!!!!!! Mahalo!!!!!!

Old Jan 8th, 2007, 05:43 PM

Aloha sistah,

United did this to us last summer when we went to St. John. They cancelled our flight and rebooked us on flight two days earlier! Yippee! Two more days in paradise! Have a great time honey!

mahalo,

pila
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 06:16 PM

So is it still a total of 3.5 hours in the airport? I think you may have time to do something .... like cab it to Aloha Tower Marketplace. hee hee. I tell ya, Island Air and Go! will tell you to be at the airport about an hour before departure. however, in Honolulu, the security line at that terminal is almost non-existent. And boarding was just 15 minutes prior to leaving, which is easy if you have only 20-30 people on the flight!
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 08:21 PM

that stinks, but i wanted to wish you a great vacation! once you land at your final destination, you'll soak in the sun and island air and all that stress will melt away! it worked for us in maui this november, after 12 months of NO time off work enjoy!